Chapter 34

Preston had done it again. He had found her yet again.

It took him a week but he did it. Alicia was anxiously waiting for any news. He had bought the girl to the hospital for checkups. But Demelio had vanished once again. He was surprised that Demelio left his daughter and fled. Nonetheless , he was glad to have her back just for Alicia's sake.

He went home to meet Alicia and then they would go back to the hospital together to see her. The hospital was tightly secured so he had no worries there.

As soon as he entered his house , Alicia stood up looking at him anxiously.

" She is in the hospital " he said and her eyes visibly widened. Her lips quivered and she started crying.

" She is alright . We'll go and see her now " he said and she nodded.

Alicia was different . The only things she spoke about was of her daughter. Other than that , she never talked about anything. He had tried to ask her what had happened there but she had refused to say a word. I had to force her to go to a therapist twice a week and whenever she came back from her sessions she seemed even more upset and quiet. She refused to come out of her room some days.

The thing that bothered him the most was her fear of being in the dark. As soon as the sun went down , Alicia would turn all the lights on . She freaked out even if one light was kept off. The worse thing is that he didn't know how to help her. He had no idea what to do to make her feel better.

They made their way to his car and Alicia was all jumpy throughout the ride. As the cyclone was hitting quite close , the rain was making it hard for him to see.

But he should have known. He should have expected it. But he realised it too late. As soon as the truck crashed into his car , his car swirled . His breath hitched , his head hit the window with a loud thump as the car swirled 2 times before stopping. But the truck wasn't done with them. Through blurry vision , be saw the truck come with full speed towards them . Before he could drive his car , the truck slammed into the side of his car .

Throughout this , he did not hear Alicia at all. He groaned as he moved but when his gaze fell on Alicia , his heartbeat stopped. There was too much blood on her . He couldn't tell where she had been hurt but what frightened him the most was her unresponsiveness. He tried to shake her awake but to no avail . Soon he gave way to darkness as well.