Chapter 19

I underestimated Preston. When he told me he wants me to be a loyal wife , I didn't know that I would have to abide by his every rule. When I woke up next morning, there were fresh clothes set on the bed with my undergarments. He had chosen a red floral dress and I had to admit it was cute but another part of me wanted to throw it aside.

I grumpily took a bath and wore the dress. He is controlling my whole life. He decides what I wear , what I eat , what I do. Deep inside I know that this isn't going to last very long. There is going to come a time when I will lose my shit and I'll end up getting a really nice punishment for it.

But I didn't expect that day to come so soon.

Everything went pretty well till the evening. I hadn't seen Preston throughout the day but the maids had asked me to come and join Preston for dinner .

I however did not expect the whole table to be filled with the food that I hated. I am allergic to Kiwis and that's the first thing I noticed when I sat down. I hadn't told him about my allergy and I never planned on telling him because I knew he would use it against me.

I sat in front of him and looked around the table to find something that I could actually eat.

" You look really great " he says

" Thankyou "

He starts serving himself and then starts putting little of every dish on my plate.

" I don't like it when people waste food so please eat everything on you plate " he says and I nod.

I feel queasy as I take small bites. My stomach already feels upset as I try to finish everything on my plate. At one point, I almost gag but I manage to swallow it . I'm pretty sure if I puked something out , he would probably make me eat it back again.

I feel relief surge through me when my plate is finally empty. I start to stand up when he starts serving fruits on my plate. I watch as he places a few slices of kiwi on my plate and take the strawberries on his. I love strawberry and I want to punch him for this. I look at him anxiously wondering whether he knows about my allergies.

I stuff the kiwis in my mouth one by one . Surprisingly I don't feel anything at all. I found out I was allergic to kiwi when I was 9 . My face and throat had swelled and I could hardly breathe. But nothing happens this time.

We go back our separate ways . I get ready for bed and quickly start removing my dress.

I feel drowsy as I slide the dress over  my head. I grip the marble counter of my bathroom and try to stand straight . I look at myself in the mirror and I almost can't recognise myself. My face is starting to swell. I quickly stumble out of the bathroom but soon my throat swells too. I clutch at my throat and start scratching it in desperation. I fall on my knees when I try to run out.

I want to scream and cry for help but I can't focus. I gasp and sob as I feel my throat closing. It's a really weird feeling. I writhe in pain as my eyes get droopy.

I know for sure that I'm going to die. I don't know how that makes me feel. Am I sad that my life is ending so soon or Am I happy to get away from the monster who has me locked in this house. I can't tell. I know for sure that I don't want to die right now. I know I'll escape one day. I know that Preston will let me go and I might live again so this scares me.

I try to open my eyes when I hear something. My face is so swollen that even my eyes stay shut. I'm still scratching at my throat , I hear the gurgling sounds and it takes me a moment to realise that I'm making those noises.

Through blurry eyes I watch as Preston stands above me . My eyes automatically go towards his hands where he holds the EpiPen. It is then that I realize that this is all a game to him. He simply wants to see me like this.

My eyes start to droop. I know it's the end. It's too late. I desperately want to show him a middle finger before dying but I can barely keep my eyes open.

It suddenly dawns on me that my parents and friends have to see me like this on my funeral. A swollen purple face. So my last wish to god before dying is to make the swells less so I can look pretty when I lie in the coffin.

...

I know my chapters are quite short but I'm updating frequently to make up for it. I hope you are enjoying the story so far.