Fallout

There was a knock on the door and I smiled, running downstairs and pulling it open, wrapping my arms around Tommy. We stood locked in a long kiss before at last he pulled away.

"I missed you," he murmured, brushing my hair out of my eyes.

"I missed you too," I said. 

It had only been a week since the tour had ended but I had missed him with every fiber of my being. 

"I move out next week since I start my new job, so that'll make things easier in terms of meeting up without Ace finding out," I said with a smile. 

"That will make things easier. But in the meantime, dinner?" he asked. 

"Already on the table," I said, grinning as I picked up his hand, leading him into the kitchen.

"Ooh damn babe this looks delicious!" he said eagerly, sitting beside me at the table.

I looked at the lasagna, cheeks growing pink.

"Hopefully it tastes as good as it looks," I said, and he leaned over, giving me a kiss.

"If you made it, I'm certain it will." 

Dinner was wonderful and I rose to my feet to clear the dishes but Tommy took my hand, sitting me back down.

"No, no, I'll do the dishes. You did all the work of making it, only fair I clean up." 

My heart absolutely melted and I watched as he did the dishes, humming softly to himself. I smiled as I watched him, feeling a blush spreading across my cheeks. He looked good being all domestic, muscles rippling beneath a shirt that was maybe a little too tight for him as he washed up from dinner. 

With the occasionally help from me telling him where dishes went, he got through the dishes quickly before at last turning to me.

"So! Shall we go upstairs?" he asked with a grin. 

"Mm we shall," I said, taking his hand and running upstairs with a laugh, dragging him behind me. 

He grinned, pulling me into a kiss at the top of the stairs. 

"It's funny," he murmured, and I gave him a confused look.

"What is?" 

"You've got your dad's laugh," he said, before smiling softly as he looked at me, running a thumb along my cheek. "I don't think I've ever really noticed how much you look like him. You're a near dead match for how he looked in the 70s. But obviously more beautiful," he added hastily.

I giggled, slipping my arms around his neck.

"Good save babe."

"Sorry," he said sheepishly.

"Only teasing. Now come on, you going to stand on the doorstep or come to my room and make out with me?" I asked with a flirty smile.

"You know the answer to that," he said, scooping me up in his arms and carrying me to my room, stepping around the boxes that were full of almost all of my packed belongings.

He sat on the edge of my bed, holding me in his arms as we made out. Before we could even think of going further, there was the sudden sound of footsteps on the stairs and I froze, pulling away from the kiss as Tommy and I both looked at the door. 

"Eric?" I murmured, mainly to myself, but the door opened to reveal a very surprised looking Ace on the other side.

He looked between me and Tommy, who had quickly let go of my hands, before a furious scowl contorted his face.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he snarled. 

"Dad--"

"Mr. Frehley I--"

"Get out of my house. Get the hell out of my house," he spat.

"Dad, this is Tommy, my--"

"Oh, I'm well acquainted with the wannabe Spaceman," Ace snapped, and I felt my heart sink.

"Dad--"

"I don't know how you've got the guts to get up there on stage in my makeup and my costumes and try to be a pale imitation of me," he snarled.

"Dad he earned his place in the band! You left, you sold your makeup design, and he joined! Tommy's wonderful and I love him, that's why we're dating!" I cried.

There was a horrible silence as Ace stood there, staring at me in open-mouthed shock, before he simply pointed at the door.

"Get out."

"But Dad--"

"Get out," he repeated.

"Dad please don't be upset! I love him, I really love him, he's a wonderful man!" I cried, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Get out," he said a third time.

Scowling, I rose to my feet, grabbing Tommy's hand and dragging him after me. 

"I'll be moving out tomorrow morning," I snarled, storming downstairs and leaving Ace standing upstairs, watching us. 

As soon as the front door slammed shut behind us, I burst into tears.