A Question

I sat in the living room, holding a sleeping Dani in my arms while Tommy made dinner. I smiled as the smell of cooking food wafted from the kitchen. I was so lucky to have a man like him, so sweet and caring and as deeply in love with me as I was with him. Dani began to fuss, squirming about in my arms. 

"Aw calm down princess, Mommy's right here," I cooed, kissing her on the forehead. "You're probably hungry, aren't you? Let's get you something to eat then." 

I began to nurse her as Tommy  walked into the living room, giving me a kiss. 

"Dinner's ready babe," he murmured. 

I smiled, kissing him back.

"I can tell, it smells amazing. Of course it always does, seeing as how amazing a cook you are." 

"Well it helps when I've got such an amazing woman to cook for," he said, kissing me on the cheek before sitting beside me on the couch. 

He slipped an arm around my waist and I leaned against him, head resting on his shoulder. 

"Once Dani finishes nursing I'll come join you in the kitchen," I said, and he gave me a squeeze.

"No worries, I'll wait right here with you two."

"You don't have to!" I said. "Go ahead and eat, I know you're starving, you've been at practice all day." 

"I'd rather sit with my wife and daughter for a bit first," he said with a smile.

"Nice try Tom, but I'm still just your girlfriend," I teased, but to my surprise his smile got bigger. 

"That's true, unless of course you say yes," he said, pulling a small box out of his pocket and opening it to reveal a diamond ring. 

I stared at it, eyes wide, before looking at him.

"T-Tommy, what...what are you saying?" I whispered.

"Well, I'm saying I want to marry you! I love you, more than anyone else, and we've got a daughter together. You've made me the happiest man on earth, I love our family and I want us to stay as a family, I want to marry you, to put a ring on your finger, to have more children maybe and spend the rest of our lives together!" he said eagerly, cheeks pink. 

My heart was a puddle in my chest as I smiled at him, tears welling up in my eyes. 

"Oh...Tommy," I murmured. "Of course I'll marry you! I love you, and there's no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with!" 

Beaming, he took my hand, giving it a kiss before carefully sliding the ring onto my finger. 

"Gosh Tommy the diamond is beautiful," I said, looking at the sparkling gemstone.

"Pales in comparison to your beauty though," he said, kissing me on the cheek. 

I smiled, burping Dani before leaning over and giving Tommy a deep kiss. 

"I love you, more than anything. Well, except our daughter," I murmured. 

He rested his forehead against mine, eyes sparkling.

"You have truly made me the happiest man on the planet. You've given me a beautiful daughter, and you're the perfect partner. I am so excited to stand across from you at the altar on our wedding day and say 'I do.'"

Tears welled up in my eyes, spilling over and rolling down my cheeks.

"Me too. Oh, me too," I murmured.

"Let's wait a bit though. I want Dani to be a part of our wedding, as a flower girl or ring bearer or both or something," he said, giving me a smile. "Think how adorable she'd be, in a little pink dress with her hair all done up!" 

I felt my heart melt even more at his enthusiasm and smiled, kissing him on the cheek.

"That would be just perfect." 

"Of course it'll be perfect. I'm getting married to you," he said,