2

The next day

Mari's pov

As I unpack my bag in my small apartment, I look around. I was lucky enough to find this place on such short notice, and have to pay $1,500 a month, along with the monthly bills. I look around the small place and let out a long sigh. It has some things that came with it, like the stove and the fridge and sink, which all of those are in good condition and work properly. I bought a blow up mattress a couple of hours ago, and that is in my small room down the hall.

The apartment is one bathroom, one bedroom, a kitchen with a small table space, and a living room. I have everything set up, and sigh. I managed to get my chaise out of my room, so I am using that as a couch for now. For the t.v. I am using my phone and computer monitor. I am about to relax, but realize that I need to get a job. I groan and go out the door, looking for signs that say now hiring.

I finally come across a small corner store that has flowers in it. I smile and walk in hoping to get the job. I smile as I walk up to the front counter, and the person working smiles at me, and asks, "Hello miss. What can I do for ya?" I smile and say, "I am here for the job opportunity that the sign said in the window. Where can I apply?" He smiles and says, "Here, let me take you back with the boss and she can interview you, that sound okay?" I nod and begin to follow him through the door to the back of the shop.

We come to a door, and he knocks. "Come in." I hear a voice call, and he opens the door. I see a woman sitting there, looking down at her papers. "What do you need Carl?" She says, and the man, I presume is Carl, says, "Someone is here for the job." She looks up, and sees me then a smile grows on her face. "Oh thank goodness. Come in, have a seat." I smile and nod, taking the seat in front of her desk.

"Ok." She starts, "Do you have any sort of resumé filled out?" I look at her and shake my head, saying, "No. I am sorry. I recently moved her and this is kind of a last minute thing. I didn't have time to." She looks at me and nods, then says, "That's okay, I understand. How about you tell me about yourself?" I nod then start, "My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I am 15, soon to be 16 years old. I moved here from Paris yesterday, and I want to become more independent, so then I can make a living when I am older." And right now, I think, but don't say.

The lady nods, and says, "What do you want to be when you grow up? What work experiences do you have?" I smile and say, "I want to be a fashion designer when I grow up, and some work experiences that I have are creating the album cover of one of Jagged Stone's songs, and working in a bakery for my aunt and uncle. I have also made several outfits, and other clothing items. One of which was a feather hat, inspired by pigeons, where Adrien Agreste, the son and face of Gabriel Agreste and his company, modeled in a fashion show."

The lady looks surprised and says, "That is very impressive for a girl your age. Obviously you work hard, and are very out going. What are the hours you can work?" I then say, "After school until the shop closes, then all day on Saturdays. But, I am late a lot. That is one of my downfalls." The woman just smiles and nods. "Well, if you did get the job, you would get $20 an hour, and work from 4-7 after school then from 12-4 on Saturdays. Would that work?"

I become excited and nod, then she stands up and holds out her hand, and I stand up and shake it. "Well then," she smiles, "Welcome to the team." I thank her and silently celebrate. I make my way back to the small apartment, and wonder how I'm going to afford the apartment.

As soon as I sit down, I hear a knock on the door. I groan and get up, not looking through the peep hole to see who it is. When I open it, there is a lady with long brown hair and brown eyes, who is tall and has a smile on her face. Next to her, is a boy that looks like her. He is tall like her, and has lighter hair and brown eyes. He has a shy smile on his face, and I smile back shyly. The woman says, "Hello! I'm May Reilly. This is my nephew, Peter Parker, and we live across the hall from you." (Yes that is her real name. Look it up.) She seems kind, and her nephew is cute.

She asks, "What's your name? Are your parents home?" I shake my head no and say, "Marinette." The boy next to her gives me a small smile and says, "What school are you going to?" I say, "Midtown High School." His expression lights up and he says, "Hey! Me too!" His aunt May says, "That is so cool! Maybe the two of you have some classes together. Anyway, it was nice to meet you Marinette, and welcome to New York."

"Bye, see you Monday." Peter says, and they turn to go back into their apartment. "Bye!" I say back, closing the door.

I can't wait until Monday.