8

Mari pov

I wait with Peter for Tony to get here. Several other students are also waiting, and Peter and I just stand there is silence. "I don't have to come over if you want to be alone." I shake my head no, and just stand there, thinking. "Are... Are you sure? Cause I can go." "No." I say, and he stops trying to get away. "I don't want to be around people, but I also don't want to be alone." He nods, and stands there, rubbing the back of his neck, reminding me of Adrien.

Suddenly, a tesla pulls in, and I immediately know that it is Tony. Peter doesn't see, so I say, "He's here." He just looks up from off the ground, and nods, heading towards the car. He gets in the back, and I get in the front. Tony says, "Hey Marinette. Hey kid. How was your day?" Peter starts with, "It was pretty good. I have some homework to do, but I'm pretty sure Marinette and I can do it together." Tony says, "Good. How about you kiddo?" I sigh, and say, "My class is coming to America, to my school, for French American friendship week. The one I told you about this morning."

I hear Tony take in a sharp breath, and say, "I can have another class be chosen if you want." I shake my head no, and say, "I don't want their experience to be ruined. Even if I do hate them, I don't want them to miss their opportunity." Tony sighs, then says, "Ok. Well, Peter you can only stay until around 5- 5:30. I have a business meeting and I don't want you two to be alone."

I roll my eyes and say, "Ewww. You sound like a dad." He just smirks and laughs, and then I get serious. "Honestly Tony, I think that you would be a really great dad. Just by the way you have been acting around me recently, ever since I met you, you have become sort of like a fatherly figure in my life. My real dad is..." I trail off, not wanting to go to that subject. "but I left him, and he never understood." Tony just gives a small smile and says, "Thanks kiddo."

Soon, we are at the house, and we get out. Peter is gaping at how big it is, and asks, "You have been living here?" I laugh and say, "I haven't even been here for that long. But yeah, sorta." He says, "Man, do I wish I was you."

I look at him, and give him a stern look. "No, you don't. Maybe one day I'll tell you the full story, but trust me. You don't."

They both look at me, Peter having a worried look on his face and Tony matching it. "C'mon Peter." I whisper, and he nods.

I leave Tony in his work space, and head up to my room, Peter following me. I immediately go over to my book shelf, and scan the shelves for a book for our English class. I find it, and grab it, taking it over to Peter who is admiring my room. "Hey," He starts, sitting down in my desk chair. "Where is your bathroom? And closet?"

I say, "they are in two secret doors. My bathroom is in a door that is being blocked by my desk which you have to flip up," I trail off and show him where that door is, then continue, "And my closet is a secret you will never know." He grunts, wanting to know where it is, but I just shrug it off and begin to work on my homework, us helping each other with what ever the other needs.

After about 2 hours of studying and laughing and talking, Tony comes and knocks on the open door, letting us know he is there. "Hey kid time to drop you off. What ever you can find is for dinner. I should be back with in an hour and a half? Pepper is coming with me so you'll be here alone. Don't burn the house down or drink and we should be good, okay? Also, don't die. C'mon Peter lets get you home."

Peter nods and waves goodbye, and I wave back, a slight smile on my face. Once they are gone, I decide to watch a couple of episodes of an American t.v. show called friends, then realize how hungry I am. I head down stairs into the kitchen, and see a cake, along with a note from Pepper.

Help yourself. Just thought it would be a fun little treat! See you soon!

    -Pepper

   I smile and look at the cake, which is a cheese cake with several different fruits. I don't see any cherries, which I am allergic to, and take a slice. With in seconds of taking my first bite, I can tell I am having a reaction. Crap, I think, as I spit out the piece that I was chewing on and look at it. There are most definitely cherries inside, just not as a decoration. Tony has only been gone for an hour, so he isn't going to be home soon.

I take as deep of a breath that I can, and say, "Friday?" In a raspy voice. "Yes?" She says. I say as loud and as clear as I can as my throat is rapidly closing, "Tell Tony that something is wrong and that I need him." She says, "Ok, but what is wrong?" I begin to scratch at my throat, wanting a deep breath so badly, and say, "I ate cherries."

I get up, and try to run to my room. Before I am even out of the kitchen, my throat is completely closed and I can't breathe at all. I would be laughing from irony in all of this if I could. He literally told me to not die and here I am suffocating in a room full of air.

I hold onto my throat as I run, wanting to breathe so badly. My lungs scream for air as I frantically search my room, tearing everything apart, not even caring about the mess, looking for my epi pen. I stand up, scratching at my throat, and remember that I forgot it at my bakery in Paris, my old home. I try to scream as black dots begin to cloud my vision and I become very dizzy.

I begin to sway, and feel wetness on my hands. I look down, and realize that I am crying. My hands are shaking, and that is the last thing I see before the darkness takes over and I am consumed by it.