34

We all stand ready, giving each other silent support. I go into a more relaxed position, and let on an easy smile. "Hello Master, I found our next group of targets." I say, thinking of the plan on the spot. "They have obviously become a threat to your brand, and now, I think it's time to get rid of them. Besides," I look over my shoulder towards the big group that I care for, and wink.

"They really are so serious." I walk forward, and open up my arms as if to hug him. Adrien seems to relax a little, and opens up his arms too. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about my plan, but it came so quickly that I had no time to think. Just act." I make sure that the knife is still in my arm sleeve, and I can feel the cool metal on my skin.

I get right in front of him, and allow him to make the last step into the hug. I swiftly grab the knife and stab him in the back, and hear the gasp come out of his throat. "Hello Adrien. It's me, Marinette. You made me forget for awhile, but that's ok. I'm with my family now." He lets out a crooked smile as I pull away, holding up his body and slowly lowering him to the ground.

"Attack." He whispers, and all of the robots behind him begin to charge. "Well, then, you may have taken me, but I can still hurt you." I watch as his smile falls, and the light leaves his eyes, his cold, dead body in my arms and my legs stained with blood.

"Son of a-" I start, but then I remember the robots, and turn to look at my family. They are all fighting at least 4, but some of them are fight 5-8. I stand up, pulling the knife out of the carcass, and begin to fight with them.

I help with the people who have the most bots, killing them quickly and effortlessly, considering that I know the weak spot on them. One, though, cuts deeply into my arm, making it a useless limb.

As I finish off another one of them, I look up, seeing everyone else getting almost completely done. I look around more, and see Tony killing three at once with one blast of light. I slightly smirk, and grab the gun from my waist band, cocking the bullet into its chamber.

Out of no where, the world slows down as I feel a cold, deep, painful ache spread through me. I look down, seeing a sword through my chest, starting at the top of my sternum, going only an inch down. I lift the gun behind me without even looking, making it bang and hearing the metal as it falls to the ground.

All of the sounds of firing guns and metal clinging against metal blur as I stagger a few steps and feel as I slowly go into shock. The deep red slowly begins to seep through it, and I watch with a twisted sort of awe. This all happened in 15 seconds.

My entire life, my existence changed in 15 seconds. I went from being completely fine -besides the cut in my arm- to dying in 15 seconds. In 15 seconds, I went from sure that I will have the life that I want, to not being able to see anything but death staring at me in the face, ready to embrace me into its cold, sharp claws that are so eagerly stretched out to me.

The only thing that I can manage to say as I look through my semi-blurry vision as I watch one of the last robots fall is, "Dad?" My voice sounds distant and shallow, strained and weak. His head instantly snaps up towards me, and I realize that I just stole his last few seconds of happiness right now, and he didn't even know it.

His mask immediately pulls away from his face, and his expression becomes hard, and I can tell that he is trying to push away the hurt and grief that he feels for me right now. I stagger a few more steps, trying to reach out to him, but I begin to sway, and I know that I will fall.

He rushes forward, catching me before I do. He slowly lowers me to the ground, and whispers, "no, no please no. I just got you back. Please fight. Friday, vitals." I hear the familiar voice, and she says, "Not good, sir." I look into the chocolate brown eyes, and whisper, "try to save me. I can't loose you yet. I need you, dad. Save me. But if you can't, it's okay. I know you tried."

He nods, and I watch as a few tears roll down his face. A few other people run over, noticing the scene. I recognize them as Steve, Natasha, Peter, Vision, and Pepper. Then I fall into darkness as I look at Tony one last time.

—————
Tony's Pov
—————

As I strike one of the last of the robots, I hear a quiet, distraught voice say, "Dad?" I look up, seeing Marinette, with a glinting, long sword through the middle of her chest. I pull back my mask, keeping my emotions in check so then I don't cry, or pushing them down until I can.

I watch as she staggers a few steps, and I can tell that she is going to fall. Either way, that won't be good. If she falls forward, it will push the sword around, or make it fall out, causing her to bleed more. If she falls backwards, it makes the sword go in deeper, and would result in the same thing as if she fell forward.

I rush forward, catching her as she sways even more. I slowly lower her and myself down, so then I am holding her head, and that the butt of the sword is in between my knees. She looks dazed, and I realize that she is going to die. "No, no please no. I just got you back. Please fight. Friday, vitals." The familiar voice says, "not good, sir."

I look into her ocean blue eyes, and can see that they are still full of life, that she will try to fight. She whispers, "try to save me. I can't loose you yet. I need you, dad. Save me. But if you can't, it's okay. I know you tried." I nod, and can feel a few tears that escaped roll down my cheeks.

I hear as others run over, but I don't bother to see who they are. She looks around, then back towards me. Her eyes close, but I can tell that she is still breathing, and that we need to get her to a hospital right now if she is going to be fine.