5

Peter's pov
——————

How can Friday not know? She is the most high tech robot ever and she can't come up with one thing? I pace and Tony voices my thoughts. "How come you don't know? You are the smartest thing on the planet but you don't know how to know if a teenage girl is okay?" Friday speaks in a monotone voice. "Sir, something is different about her. Something seems to be blocking her from my scanners. It isn't letting me see what's going on."

Tony lets out a grunt then presses on his chest, making his suit cover him completely. He goes up to her, and presses a button on the side of his head. He then waits a couple of seconds then says, "Friday's right. It comes up completely blank."

We stare at her, and Tony comes out of his suit. We sit next to her, and suddenly she snaps out of it. She suddenly stands up and a panicked look goes over her face. She goes into a fighting position and shouts, "Get away from me!" She looks around and relaxes, and whispers, "Sorry." Tony and I stare at her, shocked, and she just asks, "What?"

"What?!? What do you mean what?!? What the heck just happened?!?" Tony yells, making her go wide eyed and shrink back, flinching as he raises his hand to point at her, most likely to continue his rant.

He realizes that she flinched, and he instantly stops. He pulls her into a hug, and says in a caring, low voice, "Who broke you?" I look at her, and a few tears have fallen down her cheeks, staining her cheek from its path. She whispers, "Everyone." and I can tell that by the expression on his face that he is trying not to cry for the strong, independent girl.

He pulls back and asks, "Do you have a place to stay? Are you keeping up with the bills?" She says, "Yeah I have a place across the hall from Peter. It isn't in very good condition though. I use a blow up mattress for my bed and a chaise for a couch. The most expensive things I have are my paint box, phone, and sewing machine. The water bill, even after living there for only a few days, are really high. I'm not sure if I can cover those. I'm not sure if I can stay there anymore."

After she says this, I realize why she said that she works every day except Sunday. I always thought that if you lived in Paris, you and your children were rich. But now I realize that I was wrong. She is not rich, not at all. No wonder she doesn't get lunch everyday or bring it from home. Because she chooses other things over food.

I look at her, and realize how skinny she is. Too small to be 15. She is also about 4 inches shorter than me, but she is still 5'6. She should not be that small when she is as tall as she is. She also has big bags under her eyes, and is very pale.

Tony says, "Well then, you need a better place to stay, and a better paying job. You will become my assistant's assistant. You will shadow her and learn everything you need to know. And eventually, take her place. I'm not gonna fire her if you were gonna ask that, but she is my girlfriend and hopefully, soon to be fiancé. I don't want her to wait on me if we are married. You can live with us, and get a ride to and from school everyday. Sound good?"

I look at her, and she is glowing. She looks at me, then says, "What about Peter? Won't he need me?" I chuckle and say, "I'll see you everyday at school. It won't matter. I'll be fine. And besides, we can still hang out all the time." She smiles and nods, turning back to Tony. "Of course I will, Mr. Stark. Whatever you need." He chuckles and says, "Call me Tony, and go back to your apartment and turn in your key, get your stuff, and quit your job. After that come back here and I can take you home."

She beams with light, and turns towards me. "Are you ready to go?" I nod, and Happy drives us home.
Once all of her stuff is packed and her key is turned in, she has Happy take us to her job. She sighs, then gets out of the car. I follow her, and she walks in. Her boss sees her, then says, "Marinette. I was just about to call you. I'm sorry, but we need to make some cuts. Business is tight and I think I jumped the gun a bit. I'm sorry, but you are fired."

Marinette gives her boss a smile smile, and says, "It is totally fine. I was just about to come in here and quit. I loved the few days that I was here, but a better opportunity came into my life and it would help me in the long run a lot better." Her ex-boss laughs, then says, "Well then, glad to leave on good terms." Marinette nods, then turns around to leave.

"Wait." I hear a male voice say. He comes up to Marinette, and says, "Here is a pretty flower for a pretty girl. I liked working with you Marinette. Goodbye." She looks up at him, and takes the Lily flower from him. "Thank you, Joseph. It was a pleasure to work with you." The boy, Joseph, nods and walks back into the store. She nods a little as a goodbye, turning around and going to the car, not looking back.

Once we both get back to head quarters, we don't even have time to get out of the car, before Tony and Pepper get in. Tony says, "Let's take the kiddo back home, shall we Happy? He doesn't need to stay. And besides, it's getting late." Happy just says, "Okay."

Once we stop at my building, Marinette gives me a hug, then whispers in my ear, "Thank you. I'll tell you more about what happened earlier later." She pulls away, and I get out. I wave goodbye, then go back to my apartment, thinking about today.