TEN

❝I REALLY COULDN'T CARE LESS❞

I REALLY COULDN'T CARE LESS

[FIRST NAME] AND SHIRABU walked down the sidewalk after the volleyball game between the rivaling schools.

"you're annoying." she huffed, gentle pushing shirabu to the side. he rolled his eyes, biting back the smile that wanted to show.

"how come? if i remember correctly, YOU'RE the one walking home with a rival?" he hummed, staring down the sidewalk.

"yeah, because you basically forced me! i just wanted to watch the game y'know!"

"maybe you shouldn't have come late."

"i had cheer!" she rebutdtaled, gesturing to her turquoise blue & white uniform. it was your normal cheer uniform, the small skirt and cropped shirt. she already took off the dramatic makeup before going back to the school, so she wasn't worried about that.

"how does your cheer shit work?" he asked, turning his head to face the [shorter/taller] girl. he never really had interest in cheerleading, but if it was her talking about it; he'd listen for hours.

"huh? it's kinda like volleyball. we have these competitions & whoever wins advances to the next 'round.' the schools are really good honestly, but since competition hasn't started yet, we've just been practicing with other schools. kinda like, how you guys do? but more dramatic since we think of it as actual competition." she explained, before looking down at the time.

"you realize the next train leaves in 15 minutes?"

"hm? yeah? and look at that, your house is a 20 minute walk." he sarcastically frowned, looking over at the girl.

"kenji! you did this on purpose!"

"first names? great to know we're still there [last name]-san." he hummed. "i guess i just have to stay at your house for the night, like old times."

the [hair color] girl rolled her eyes and shook her head. she knew what he was doing, yet she still let it happen.

"you're real annoying." she hummed.

"yeah," he said, closing his eyes and stuffing his hands into his pockets. "you keep telling yourself that."

-

"give up." iwaizumi told oikawa the next day at their practice. "did you see who she left with?"

"so?" oikawa asked, doing his butterfly stretches.

"they used to talk, according to kunimi." makki exclaimed, sighing.

"hes the second year that ruined makki's chance." mattsun sarcastically frowned, making fun of his friend.

"so what? they could just be friends, right?" oikawa exclaimed, trying to make light of the situation.

"yeah i guess. according to my cousin they're still pretty close, on & off type of beat." kunimi says, shrugging. he never really cared about what was going on in [first name]'s love life— wasnt his business.

"he's in love with her." iwaizumi exclaims seriously. oikawa shrugged, refusing to believe the information provided to him. he liked to believe there was no competition since he was 'the best,' but deep down he knew he had no chance.

"so what? do you know who you're talking too?" oikawa hums, throwing up a peace sign to his fellow teammates who groan in irritation.

"a cocky asshole? yeah." mattsun huffs, rolling his eyes.

the door then opened, revealing [first name] and her bestie, sayou. they were still wearing their school uniforms, since there was no practice. sayou wanted to come watch the guys practice, even though [first name] just wanted to go home.

"can we watch you guys practice?" sayou asks, pulling the other girl by her arm. it was quiet for a few minutes before iwaizumi hesitantly agreed.

[first name] immediately noticed the tension in the gym, causing her to be alert.

"you don't feel that shit?" she whispered to sayou, whom looked confused.

"what?"

"the awkward tension in this room. like we were just being talked about." she hummed, looking around the gym suspiciously.

"you're overthinking dumbass." sayou huffed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

and just like that, the situation was dropped but wasn't forgotten.