FOURTEEN

❝BUT DON'T CALL MY BLUFF❞

BUT DON'T CALL MY BLUFF

OIKAWA STAYED UP ALL NIGHT, binging demon slayer to get caught up. he wanted to at least know what was going on when he saw the movie with [first name].

and, he did. he even cried at parts, not even realizing how attached he had become to fictional characters he learned about in one night.

"poor rengoku." [first name] frowned as they walked towards oikawa's car. he nodded in agreement, still sniffling from crying.

"yeah.." he stated. "do you want to get something to eat? or i could take you home if you'd like that?"

they got in the car, oikawa starting it up as [first name] put on her seatbelt. she hummed before shaking her head.

"i'm not really hungry actually." she stated. "you can take me home."

he nodded, pulling out of the parking space as they talked about any and everything that came to mind. from cheer and volleyball, to the movie, even to their next date.

once he parked outside of [first name]'s house, they sat in silence for a few seconds.

"wanna come in?" she asked. he was shocked for a good minute, thinking about before cutting off the car.

"yeah sure." he stated, getting out of the car with her and locking his doors behind him. they reached the front step where she let them both in, and they took of their shoes.

she looked around the house for a second, trying to see if anyone was there but to her surprise no one was.

"alright, c'mon." she said, waving oikawa to follow her as he still stood at the front door with his phone.

he followed her up the stairs to her room as he continued to think about what mattsun said.. to just tell her he wants her.

but does she even feel the same way?

once they arrived, they walked in and oikawa started to get familiar with his surroundings.

he noticed a bulletin board that was hanging above a desk in the front of the room. on the bulletin board was a few sticky notes with assignments, and on the desk were papers, her computer, a pen cup with pens, and a few scattered perfumes.

to his right, he noticed two doors. one he assumed was the closet that was shut with ribbons and one of her old cheer shirts stuck on it for decoration. and the other that was slightly opened to which he could make out as the bathroom.

he noticed her dresser that sat her television. and then her nightstand that was beside her bed. she had two; one containing even more perfumes and lotions and the other one just having a phone charger, and two remotes (one for her tv & the other for her led lights that hung around the room).

some posters, medals, and ribbons littered around the wall; of her favorites animes, of her academic and sports achievements. he couldn't help but smile at the number of medals.

and finally, the pictures on the wall beside her bed. they were all polaroids, making him assume she owned a camera. he walked up to them to get a closer look.

he studied each one. noticing how happy she looked. most of them were old; of her and her cheer team from when she was a first through second year.

and some were recent. such as one she took outside on a bench with kunimi and some girl oikawa didn't recognize.

what caught his attention the most were the pictures she had with shirabu. most were of them just being goofy, but one stuck out. they were sitting down on [first name]'s bed as he had her arm around her. they both shared a genuine smile as her head was propped on shirabu's shoulder and they looked into the camera.

he sighed quietly to himself, trying to erase the image out of his mind already.

"these are cute." he said, looking at the girl who was charging her phone. she looked over at oikawa and what he was looking at before smiling softly.

"yeah, i guess." she said, nonchalantly shrugging her shoulders.

"who's this girl with you and kunimi-chan?" oikawa asked, pointing at the picture. she hummed confused before sitting her phone down and walking behind him to see. she placed her hand on his back, looking past him at the picture.

"oh! that's hima, kunimi's cousin from hyogo." she explained. he hummed, nodding.

"you're very pretty." he stated after looking at all the pictures again once more.

"thanks, i know." she stated playfully.

"i'm serious. i think you're very pretty." he said. this was her first time ever hearing oikawa so serious, and the fact he wasn't making eye contact with her made it worse.

"oh.. thanks. i think, you're pretty cute as well." she stated, looking down at the floor. he laughed at her flustered state before sitting down.

"c'mon, let's watch an anime before you hate me again."