𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

So apparently, the next day, Edward had gone to Bella and asked for them to stop being friends. The reason he couldn't tell was that Bella was on to something and he couldn't risk letting her know about their true nature. Jasper was also supposed to do the same, but when he saw Clara's usual beautiful smile during class, he couldn't do it. Jasper couldn't stay away from Clara or ignore her or pretend that he didn't know her. He knew that it would be dangerous, very. And he really wanted to keep Clara safe, but staying away from her just wasn't as option and his family couldn't blame him. Jasper had been alone and in guilt for so long and how, Clara, she lighted him up. So, Jasper swore to himself that he would never let Clara get hurt, nor would he ever expose her to danger of the world he was in.

During lunch time, Bella was staring off at Edward. Baffled and upset by his sudden demand to stop being friends. Clara frowned at her sister before glaring at Edward.

"That's it. I'm hitting him." Clara huffed and got up, her chair screeching.

"Okay Clara, calm down." Bella told, holding her younger sister back. Clara struggled to get off Bella's grip.

"This isn't fair! He's always upsetting you." She whined and from the Cullen table, everyone except Edward chuckled.

Jasper released calming waves towards her. Clara wasn't necessarily super angry, she was just upset at Edward. Now that Jasper thought about it, he had never felt any emotion of anger from Clara. It was always either annoyance or distress, but never pure anger.

Feelings sudden calmness, Clara rolled her eyes and sat back down. She faced Jasper who was staring and gave her a smile which she blushed and returned.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Clara and Jasper were hanging out in the park now. They both didn't know how it came to be that way. One moment they were chatting on the phone and the next, they both decided to meet up at the close by park.

"You've never gotten detention before?" Clara's eyes widened. Jasper chuckled at her reaction and nodded.

"I'm not a rule breaker ma'am." He stated. Clara shuddered.

"A life without breaking a few rules. That's so boring!" She said, "Life's short, we should have fun."

Jasper laughed. That joked seemed funnier to him because of how long his life had been.
"What rules have you broken?" He asked. Clara smirked.

"Nothing too major. I drove mom's car without a license, I crashed a cheerleader's bike cause she called my mother very bad things and then, if I remember correctly, I drank a can of beer at 15 because I thought it was a cold drink."

Jasper laughed, lightly shaking his head. He had been a major, rules were of the utmost importance to him. Yet, here Clara was, breaking them all one by one. But Jasper understood her, she didn't break the important rules like killing or stealing, she just did the ones which were fun. It was like reading what the rules were before breaking them.

After about half an hour of discussing about random topics, Clara got up.
"Jaz, can you push me in the swing?" She asked.

Jasper grinned and nodded. Clara sat on a small swing seat nearby and held on to the chains. Jasper slowly started to move the swing back and forth while Clara softly giggled which in turn made him chuckle.

Clara and Jasper just hung out in the park like that in comfortable silence, sometimes letting out small chuckles. Clara didn't know why, but whenever she was with Jasper, all troubles left her. Whenever she saw him and talked with him, everything felt so good and everything just felt right.
Jasper had the same thought. He had no clue as to what he was doing, this feeling was a first for him. But what he did know was that when he talked to Clara, everything got into place and he knew that each day, he wanted more of that. Clara was a chapter in his life he was waiting for. He didn't know the words of what the chapter would contain but once he started reading it, he knew that it was favourites chapter.