4| Naintara

Dekh mohabbat ka dastoorTu mujh se, mai tujh se door

Tu mujh se, mai tujh se door

≤≥≤≥≤≥

Tightly clutching the comforter to her body, Mishal took a deep breath. She was shivering with cold and she had a fever.

"Mishal- kyu drama kar rahi ho. Agar khana nahi khaugi tou dawai kaise khaugi. Fauran ye soup khatam karo. Warna hamse bura koi nahi hoga," Her mother scolded her and her lips pursued into the pout.

(Why you are acting up? You can't have food until you take the medicine. Finish this soup right now or else you will face my wrath)

"Ammi- hame sach mai kuch khaaya nahi jaayega. Har cheez beswad lag rahi hai. Ham baad mai khaa lenge," Mishal whined.

(I can't have it. Everything seems tasteless. I will eat later)

The knock on the door disturbs their conversation. Hayder was standing there looking at her with concern.

"Sab theek hai?" Hayder asked as his intense gaze was making me nervous.

(Everything is alright?)

"Hamari baat maanne ke liye tayyar hi nahi hai. Kuch bhi nahi khaa rahi hai. Tum hi dekho isse," Her mother glared at her.

(She is not ready to listen to me out. She is not having anything. Please handle her)

"I will handle her," Hayder shoots her a glare.

Yaha par sabko ghoorne ke elawa kuch kaam nahi hai, Mishal thought as her lips pursue into the pout.

(Everyone loves to glare at me here)

She heard the sound of the door locked. A shiver ran down her spine when he sat on the edge of the bed all while his gaze was fixed on her.

Hayder touched her burning forehead and his jaw ticked.

"Mishal- maine aaj tak itni laparwah ladki nahi dekhi. Zara bhi khayaal nahi hai tumhe khud ka. Na sahi waqt par khaana khaati ho. Na sahi waqt par soti ho. Mai kya karu tumhara?" Hayder glared.

(I have never witnessed a careless girl like you. You don't even care for your health. You don't have food nor you sleep on time. I don't know what to do with you)

"Ham mar tou nahi rahe haina," Mishal pouted.

(I am not dying)

"Aainda aisi fuzool baatein tumhare munh se bhi nikli na, tou samajh lena mai tumhara kya haal karunga," Hayder said as he took the plate from the table.

(If you dare to think about it like this then you don't have an idea what I will do with you)

"Open your mouth," Hayder ordered as he slowly took the morsel to her mouth.