Chapter 33 - The letter

Remember in this story Newt didn't die. 

Thomas's pov

I walked down the halls and finally found her. Ava that bitch, I raised my gun at her and walked closer. She just stared at me. My hand was shaking on the gun and fresh tears kept coming back because of the reality that my mate is dead and gone and that I'll never see her again.

"Are you happy now?" I said

"My Alex, my mate just died in my arms and she is never coming back. I never get to see her smile or laugh again or open her big wide eyes. She took her last breath in my arms, are you happy now?" I shouted crying heavily

I dropped the gun.

"Thomas, I'm sorry about Alexandra, I really am" Ava said

My heart broke more at the sound of her name. She's really gone.

"Its ok" Ava said and looked at me sadly

She came forward to hug me and then I heard a gun shot and she fell down. I looked up and saw Janson walking towards me. We stared at each other for a minute and then he pricked me with something in my neck. I started walking backward and fell t the floor. I reached for my gun but he kicked it away.

"Oh Thomas" Janson said

I passed out.

Then I woke up and saw Teresa taking my blood.

"Do you know what this place is Thomas?" Janson said from behind me

I looked to see I was strapped down. I looked at him from behind me.

"Its a life boat, The whole world may be sinking but it doesn't mean we have to go down with it. How much longer is it?" Jason said

I pulled hard against the restraints.

"Its almost done" Teresa said

"Why don't you just kill me?" I said

"Kill you?" He said

"We don't want to do that. Were going to take special care of you" Janson said

"We'll keep you alive just." He said

I went for him but was pulled back by the restraints.

"And in return, you will give life to the rest of us. The ones we chose to save anyway" He said and picked up a syringe from the table.

"Of course there's not going to be enough for everyone. Hard choices are going to have to be made" He said

I pulled hard against the bed trying to get free.

"In time the flare virus, will burn itself out. The only question is who will be the ones left standing? Thanks to you, to this, we finally get to choose. A future, of our own making. To your hell" He said

He lifted his sleeve up and I saw that he was going to turn into a crank soon. Then Teresa came behind him and smashed a glass vase on his head. He fell to the ground unconscious. She picked up the cure and ran over to help me.

"Quick lets get out of here, come on" She said

I helped her get the restraints off. Janson got up behind her and pulled her off me. I got the other restraint off. Janson threw her over the table. I ripped the other restraint off. She tried escaping under the table and he pulled her and she fought and then he knocked her against the table keeping her unconscious and grabbing the cure.

"Teresa" I said

I may not be in love with the girl or like her very much but she is helping me out and deserves to live if she don't snake us out again. I ran and pushed Janson through a glass window in another room. We both had blood on us, we fell back. We both got up and he threw a punch to me. I stumbled back and then I threw a punch to his jaw and he stumbled back. I threw another one and he fell against the wall. I went to grab him and he punched me again and then used my shirt to strangle me. I tried to break free but I couldn't. He stood us up and carried on trying to choke me and I couldn't get free.