chapter 23: november school nights

Your POV-

I ran my fingers down the list and saw that I was cast as Wednesday Addams! I cheered and took a photo of the list. I congratulated Eric for getting Uncle Fester, and the rest of the leads. Wendy seemed unsure about her role but I told her she could really show off her comedy chops...even though I wasn't so sure if she had comedy chops to show off.

I found Stan staring at the list. He seemed pretty happy with his role. (He was playing my love interest, which worked out in both of our favors.)

I walked up to him and squeezed his arm, "Lucas!"

He squeezed me back, "Wednesday," he said flirtatiously with half lidded eyes.

"Gomez! Wow! I can't believe it!" Clyde put his arms around both Stan and I and ruined the moment. Stan and I laughed as Clyde ran to find his beloved, Bebe, who was sure to be proud of him.

I bid Stan adieu and went to go find Tweek and Red. I ran to the art room, where they always seemed to be, and squealed about my success. Tweek hollered for me and Red grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"Congrats (nickname)!" She laughed and I bowed for them. I hugged Red and we made eye contact that seemed to last forever. She blushed and I let her go.

Red and I's relationship was a little complicated now. After reassuring her that we would pick up where we left off in Breckenridge, she was more awkward with me. I still wanted to be best friends with her but have a little extra...fun...y'know?  But she wasn't used to doing this type of "casual" thing. I thought it best that I set some boundaries with her.

"Thanks guys," I hugged Tweek from the back. I looked at the art teacher who was eyeing us from her desk, "D'you mind if I steal Rebecca from your class for a sec? I'll bring her back, I promise!"

Ms. Anderson nodded yes and I grabbed Red's hand. She whispered, "Y/n-what?!" before making our way to the hallway.

"Secret stairway?" I asked with puppy eyes. She looked back at the classroom then slowly nodded yes.

We quickly walked to the secret stairway and passed by some freshman girls flirting with Stan, Clyde, and Kenny (aka the Juniors on Varsity or the "Hot" Juniors.)

I yelled at the boys and told them to "GET BACK TO CLASS!" which caused me to get some stares from the underclassmen. They all yelled different insults back but Red and I just flipped them off. I caught one extra look at Stan and he looked a little hurt that I was going to the secret stairwell with Red. That motherfucker knew what went on there and was most likely aware of Red and I's fwb thing we had going on.

Whatever, I thought. I'm just playing the field, nothing wrong with that.

Red and I made it and she pulled me in for a kiss. I fell for one but quickly stopped her before the next one.

"Red," I sighed, "I want to be very clear on what this is." I motioned to the two of us.

"I want whatever you want, (nickname.)"

"I want to be best friends...but like...with a little more intimacy?"

"Okay! No-yeah! I like that too."

"I just don't think I'm ready for a real relationship yet and I don't want to have to label my sexuality or whatever and to have to tell dad and it's just-"

Red shut me up with a kiss. Her hands grabbed my cheeks and softly stroked at them. I gave in and melted into her.

"So we're on the same page?" I smiled at her.

"Of course," She smiled back, "Let's get back before Stan and Ms. Anderson get suspicious."

"Sus..."