chapter 13: liane and eric

Your POV-

"Y/n?!" He clutched his gut before doubling over in laughter.

"So I take it you two know each other," Dad said cheerfully.

"Yeah...we do," I said clutching the hem of my sleeves, "Dad, can I talk to you in the kitchen really quick?"

"Oh sure hon, be right back," he kissed Liane on the cheek and went into the kitchen.

I leaned against the fridge and crossed my arms. Dad looked at me with a confused pout.

"Why didn't you think to mention that Liane's son was in my grade?" I whispered to him with a harsh tone.

"I didn't think it was important!" He retaliated with my same tone.

"Dad! What if I was romantically involved with them or something? But this fucking kid...he's the worst! We literally hate each other!" I pointed to Eric who was picking at his teeth now.

"Well, you're just going to have to deal with it Y/n."

"But, Dad!"

"No buts, Y/n. I'm your father and I know what's best for my family. I haven't felt this way about another woman in so long. I thought of all people you would be happy for me. Now we're going to eat dinner together and you're gonna put a smile on that face," Dad said sternly. He turned around and walked back to the kitchen table and inserted himself back into the conversation.

I stayed leaning against the cool, steel door of our fridge. I felt my eyes begin to well up with tears but refused to let them fall. This was the first time Dad had ever gotten upset with me and I sure as hell didn't like it. I hated feeling like I let him down. I just have to suck it up and deal with Eric. Dad's dated enough women and never married any of them, so why would Liane be any different?

I took a deep breath and walked back to our table. I took a seat in between my brother and Liane. I reached out to shake her hand.

"I apologize for that, Mrs. Cartman. I just wasn't expecting to see someone from school sitting at my dinner table tonight," Her soft, delicate hands shook mine.

"Oh sweetie, I understand completely! What a shock it must be to see my Eric at your house with no warning!" She chuckled a little bit and let my hands go.

Our oven began to beep and signal us that our dinner was ready. Dad and Liane got up and made their way to the kitchen. Eric and Cameron seemed to hit it off well. They were deep in conversation about some hot chick at our school that they both planned to hook up with. I sat and stared at them with a half lidded expression.

"You two are awfully confident in yourselves to think she would want anything to do with you," I rested my head in my hand, "Also, Eric you have a girlfriend."

"Y/n. I've got the menu, right? I can browse it, decide what I like, but I just can't order," Eric said, slicking his hair back with both of his hands.

Cameron stared at Eric with huge eyes, "Dude, you're a genius."

"You two are stupid," I said as my Dad and Liane brought a chicken casserole and salad to the table.

The dinner consisted mainly of Liane asking Cameron and I questions about our lives, Dad butting in when it would get too depressing or weird, and Cartman scraping his plate clean in under three minutes and blaming it on "the big game is on Friday, I need to beef up!"

Seeing Eric around his mother was weird. He was almost nice. They had plenty of inside jokes and were extremely close. He was actually kind to me...maybe it was an act? Or maybe him being the bane of my existence was an act? Was he jealous of me dating his best friend? No. I shook those thoughts out of my head as Liane brought a cherry pie to the table. We sliced our own pieces and began to chow down.

Dad looked to his girlfriend and took her hand. He cleared his throat and addressed the table, "Alright gang. We have some great news!"

I looked up from my plate, to my brother, and then back to Dad.

"We have decided," Dad looked at Liane, "to move in together!" They finished simultaneously.

I dropped my fork in shock.

"What?" Eric said with his mouth full.

"Really?" Cameron said looking at dad with eyes as big and round as saucers.

"Liane and Eric will be moving in very soon! She put their house on the market just this afternoon!"

"Mom? You're serious?" Eric said after gulping down his bite.

"Why of course, poopsie! Rick and I are in a very committed relationship."

"But moooom," Eric whined, "What about our house? We've been there forever! What about the basement? My childhood lair for christ's sake! We're just going to throw it all away? For some dick you've been dating for like...two minutes!" He threw up his arms in frustration.

"Don't call my Dad a dick, Cartman," I spat over my shoulder.

"Like I care what you think, Y/n. I could care less about any words that have left your STD ridden mouth!" He slammed his hands down on the table.

"Eric, enough!" Liane yelled from across the table.

"Do you even know where your boyfriend's dick has been?" Eric sneered.

"We aren't talking about Kenny, you asshole!" I shot back.

"Children!" Dad exclaimed from his side of the table. Liane and Dad exchanged nervous looks.

"I told you, Dad!" I crossed my arms and stared into his soul.

"This is too good." Cameron whispered to himself.

The room was filled with a palpable tension. Everyone stared at each other, begging for someone to say something.

Dad sniffed, "Liane and I have been through a lot. We really love each other and moving in together is what is going to work for us right now."

"It's settled. Eric, you and I are going to talk about this later-"

"But Moooooom"

"That's final." She stood up and gathered her things, "On that note, we should get going."

Eric stood up and followed his mom to the door. Liane smiled and waved goodbye to Cameron and I. Dad walked them out the door and talked with Liane on the doorstep for a while, before Eric decided to lay on the car horn to get her to come to the car.

I ran upstairs to my room and slammed my door. I fell back on my bed and screamed into my pillow. Of all people, I have to share a fucking house with Eric Cartman.

I heard my Dad come up the stairs and I tensed up, expecting him to talk to me about what happened. He walked right past my room and into his own. A few minutes passed and I heard him talking on the phone. Judging by what I could hear, Liane was definitely on the other line.

I decided to call Kenny and fill him in on my situation. He couldn't believe it and was extremely shocked. He kept on reassuring me that everything would turn out okay but I had major doubts about that.

I rolled over and faced my calendar, I saw the date of the Halloween party Clyde and I were planning circled.

"D'you think people would think it's odd that Clyde and I might change the date to our party to this Saturday?"
I asked Kenny on a quick change of subject.

"Uhh no, not odd. I just think the girls would be pissed that they didn't have enough time to plan their costumes."

"I can deal with that," I smiled.

"So, party this Saturday?" Kenny questioned.

"Party this Saturday," I repeated back to him.