chapter 2: and you are?

-your POV-

I took out an earbud and made a face at the boy. I came out to have an existential teenage girl moment, not to speak to some guy.

"Hey, is this seat taken," the owner of the stunning blue eyes asked me.

"It is now...I guess," I responded to him and put my earbuds back in.

We sat next to each other for what seemed like too long. It was less awkward for me because I had music playing in my ears, but this guy. Well...he was just sitting next to me in silence. I took out my earbud once more.

"Do you need something?" I said, still looking forward.

"Oh no, sorry," he responded back to me, rubbing his neck, "I just thought I would enjoy the beautiful sunset with an even prettier girl."

I turned to face him, my eyes big as saucers, and I grasped for words. Literally who was this guy? He had some balls for shooting his shot with some random girl at some random hotel in the middle of Colorado.

"Oh... Thanks..." I tipped my head towards him. This dude hadn't even told me his name yet.

"Stan. And you are..."

"Y/n."

The breeze blew his ink black hair out of his eyes. He gave me a crooked smile, "Y/n...cool. So Y/n, what brought you to McConnel's Ski Resort and Spa."

I snorted at him and turned my body towards the boy. Hell, since he was being so ballsy, I decided to step up my flirting game as well. What did I have to lose?

"Well my Dad...He brought my brother and I out here as one last hoorah before we move. We're not really outdoorsy people so I don't really know why he took us here," I explained to Stan, making sure to brush his arm a few times, "What about you? Why are you sitting on this bench with some random girl you just met."

I nudged his arm and he pushed back.

"My Dad brought my family here too, but he just wanted to promote business to some farmers around here," he pulled out his wallet and dug out a card from inside it. He handed it to me.

"Tegridy farms..." I noticed the cannabis plant on the card, "Oh shit, your dad runs a weed farm?"

Stan exhaled, "Yeah. I mean it's pretty sweet now but when I was young, I really hated it. My dad's also a fucking idiot so... I don't know. It's like fifty percent sweet and fifty percent totally lame."

"I mean, is it good shit?"

"Oh yeah. It's honestly the best."

The sun was almost out of sight and it was getting harder and harder to see Stan. After a few more moments of getting to know each other, the sun set completely. We got up from the bench and made our way to the resort. We shed our jackets when we entered the building.

"There she is!" I heard from behind me. My dad was inhabiting the bar, most likely flirting with the bartender on shift. Stan raised his eyebrow at me.

"My dad."

"Ahh gotcha."

I turned my head to my Dad and flashed a quick smile. "Let's go another way," I said through my teeth. I grabbed Stan's arm and we picked up the pace and walked the other direction.

"Aww come on Y/n! Get your butt over here, there's someone I'd like you to meet," Dad shouted across the dining hall. He waved his hand and beckoned us to come visit with him.

I turned to Stan, "Hey, let's meet up tomorrow or something. Your dad may be an idiot but mine is a complete dork," I pulled out my phone and handed it to him, "Here, put your number in."

Stan did as told and even put a little smiley face emoticon next to his contact name. He waved goodbye and was soon out of sight. I sighed while making my way to the bar.

"Courtney! This is my daughter, Y/n, that I was telling you about," He smiled and shifted his eyes between the both of us. She smiled at me.

"A Screwdriver please," I said while giving my dad a disappointed look. The bartender was definitely way too young for my father. She was probably around twenty four, she had platinum blonde hair, and huge boobs. She looked at my dad, most likely to ask for permission to make my drink. He gave her a nod and rubbed his temple.

"Could you make it with Tito's please?" I said to her with a fake smile.

She began to make the drink.

"Who was thaaat?" Dad asked me in a sing-songy voice. I just shook my head and smiled. I told him how some random boy just sat down next to me and began talking. Dad smiled and shook his head.

"You know your mother and I met when we were your age," His eyes were glossy. I just nodded and sipped my drink. Way to bring down the mood, Dad. I thought. I decided to not be a brat and just kept that thought to myself. Big Tit Courtney came over to my Dad once more and picked up where the conversation left off. To avoid my Dad's antics, I decided to go back to my room. I chugged the rest of my Screwdriver and excused myself from the bar.

My door clicked open with my key. I walked into the living area, where my brother was residing.

"What's good bitchass," Cameron greeted me with a mouth full of chips.

"Hey dick."

"Where's Dad?"

"Trying to fuck this girl working the bar," I responded with an astronomical eye roll.

"For real? She hot?"

"Meh. She's got huge knockers though."

"Noice," he said with a fist bump.

I told him I was going to head to bed and I made my way to my bedroom. I fell onto my bed and kicked the shoes off my feet. My phone was pulled out of my pocket and now in my palms. I had a new notification.

I checked the rest of my socials before shutting my phone off for the night

Maybe a little summer fling is just the thing I need right now.