chapter 30: hell week

Your POV-

I stared into my own eyes in the mirror. The heat coming off the lights around the mirror caused small beads of sweat to form on my forehead and my upper lip. I was doing lip trills while steaming my voice. Tech week was halfway over already, and I couldn't believe it.

I was too caught up with Red drama to really take in what was happening around me. I took a deep breath and started to do scales into my steamer. Breathe Y/n. The show opens tomorrow. Everything you've been manifesting comes true tomorrow. You get to change your trajectory at South Park High in four days. No pressure. I rolled my eyes at myself. The dressing room door slammed open and girlish yelps were heard at the same time. I turned around.

"Tweek! What are you doing here?"

"Y/n, I have something important to tell you—What the fuck is that contraption?"

"It's a steamer. It's good for my vocal ch—No, wait why are you here?" I stood up from my seat.

"Did Red ever tell you about Steph? The girl who she kind of had a thing with back in Sophomore year?" Tweek picked at his nails, his eyes darting from my face to the floor over and over again.

"Um, boys aren't allowed in here. This is the GIRLS dressing room!" A freshman ensemble member said from behind Tweek.

"Quiet, freshie," Bebe snapped without breaking concentration from her eyeliner.

"Umm, yes. Yes I remember that...why? I thought you weren't trying to get in the way of Rebecca and my drama..." I turned away from him and started prepping my wig cap for my head.

"She's leaving tonight, Y/n. She's going to New Mexico to visit her for a week," Tweek took the seat next to me.

"Okay. Why should I care? I told you, I'm going no contact with her for a week. I don't care what she does...maybe this will be good for her. Fuck, Tweek. We start our run in 30 minutes and I don't even have my costume or wig on. I need to focus," I stood up to walk Tweek out of the dressing room, "I love you sweet boy, but I have more pressing matters to worry about right now."

"Y/n. You don't understand. Steph really really fucked her up. Like more than you—"

"Wow."

"I'm sorry! But it's true! She was Red's first lesbian everything and didn't take any of it seriously. She's older than us...she's just—I don't want her to hurt Red. She won't listen to me though. You need to convince her that this, that their reconciliation, will make everything worse. She'll believe you. Because, whether you want to accept it or not, she really fucking loves you. She will listen to you."

I sighed and put my face in my hands. I cannot start handling other drama at this moment in time. But the thought of Red with another woman made me jealous. Fuck this shit, it doesn't matter! She's old enough to make her own mistakes.

"Thank you for telling me, Tweek, but I'm so stressed about this damn show that I...I just can't right now. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It was worth a shot. Do you care if I keep you posted about this situation? You're still my bestie, Y/n." Tweek stood up and tugged at his shirt.

"Of course. I'm always here for you."

"Well...good luck tonight. I look forward to opening night on Monday! Bye Y/n," Tweek turned to the freshman who yelled at him, "And for your information, I'm more of a woman than you'll ever be, mosquito bites for tits."

The door slammed shut and I finished getting ready. Red's smile, her laugh, her furrowed brows, her freckles, everything about her spun around in my head. I would force myself to think of my lines or songs instead but it all went back to her. Jesus, Y/n. Focus!