part 4: welcome to south park

-Your POV-

The rest of our trip was totally mediocre, but at least Dad had fun. On our trip home, Dad announced that we would be moving to our new home in South Park, Colorado the week before school started. Cameron and I still had the rest of August to spend with our friends and say goodbye to our childhood home.

One day the movers came and packed up our entire house. I stood in the middle of my now empty living room with my little brother.

"It's so weird seeing our house like this," He said, looking around.

"Yeah. We've been here forever," I said and gave his shoulder a pat, "I'm glad I won't be reminded of that time mom repainted our kitchen that ugly yellow everytime I get a soda from the fridge."

Cameron laughed and waved goodbye to the room. He walked outside and began yelling at me that he called shotgun. Instead of fighting him, I walked into the kitchen. Memories of my mom flooded my mind. I could see her sitting at our kitchen table drinking Jack Daniels straight from the bottle. I could hear her obnoxiously loud cries from when Dad would get on to her for wasting our money on purses. I looked at the chipping paint and sighed.

"Fuck you, mom."

I slept most of the way to our destination and woke up when we pulled into our new driveway. Our house was a pretty decent sized, two story house. When we arrived, I noticed that my car had been dropped off by the moving company. I walked up to my 79 Ford LTD Country Squire, named Ol' Faithful, and patted her hood. I smiled, "I missed you ol' girl."

Dad opened the door to our new house and told us to come in. Most of our furniture was still in boxes. The house was perfect for the three of us. I smiled at my dad and went upstairs to claim the bigger room before my brother beat me to it. I walked into my new room and spun around to see it in its entirety. This was a new beginning, a fresh start, a new life without childhood trauma bringing me down. I ran downstairs and helped my family unpack boxes and move furniture around. The next two days were full of painting, unpacking, and new neighbors bringing us food. My dad became quickly acquainted with our next door neighbor, Roger Donovan. Mr. Donovan came over for beers one night and he brought his son, Clyde, over as well. They walked into our house, which now smelled of fresh paint, with two twelve packs of Coors Lite. Dad had whipped up some wings on the grill, and they turned on the Broncos game. Clyde and I hit it off right away as well. He was in the same grade as me and was a complete doofus. A cool doofus though.

"So Y/n, looking forward to your first day tomorrow?" Clyde said as he cracked open his fourth beer.

"I'm like nervous, but also excited, but also really bummed that summer's over," I responded to him while throwing his empty can away.

"Just stick with me, and there'll be nothing to worry about. I promise," he flashed a huge grin, framed with brown stubble, "my boo thang, Bebe, is also pretty cool. I'll introduce you guys tomorrow."

"Boo thang?" I snorted.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. My love language happens to be terms of endearment, so...Moving on! What about you, little dude. Excited for your first day of High School?"

Clyde started to give my little brother some bro advice on how to rock high school and not be a freshman dweeb. I just observed and laughed, wishing I wouldn't have taken my freshman year for granted. The Donovans left and I prepared all of my school supplies for the next day. I had jitters from excitement and nerves. After flipping through ideas for my first day of school outfit in my head, I fell fast asleep.

The next morning, I got ready for the new school year. I'm finally a junior. I fixed my hair and makeup and went into my closet. I picked out an outfit that was sure to make me stand out in a "woah who is that?" way and not in a "what the fuck is she wearing?" way. I ran downstairs and hurriedly made my brother and I some toast with jam. I went to the fridge and saw the note Dad left for us.

"Cameron, we're leaving in five. Get your ass down here now if you want breakfast," I yelled up the stairs.

I heard stomping coming from upstairs, down the stairs, and eventually coming up behind me. My brother was wearing a brockhampton shirt with some vintage jeans.

"Fuckboy," I said as I looked him up and down, "I'm sure you'll have the freshman e-girls wrapped around your finger."

"That's the plan. Let's go," my brother said as he stuffed his toast into his mouth. We ran out the door and I unlocked Ol' Faithful. Before pulling out of my driveway, Clyde ran out of his door. He waved and told us to follow him to school. I obeyed and Cameron and I jammed out our whole way to school.

I followed Clyde into the school parking lot and made sure to park next to him. We got out of my car and I looked around at the lot. I saw some emo kids leaning on an old black caddy. They were playing some Garbage (the band lol) and smoking some Pall Mall cigarettes. I turned and saw some kid on crutches approaching Clyde.

"Aw Jimmy! Dude! You got your braces off!" Clyde said to the kid with crutches.

"Why, y-yes I did, Clyde. Now I don't have metal c-cock-c-cock blockers on my teeth. I can finally shred some major poon, my guy," he gave Clyde a high-five.

The two boys turned to Cameron and me. Jimmy gave us a huge smile and Clyde introduced us to him.

"Jimmy, let me introduce you to my new neighbors. This is Y/n, she's in our grade and is really fucking cool, and this is her younger brother, Cam the Man. He kicks ass at GTA."

Jimmy shook our hand and cracked a few jokes. I looked at my phone to check the time. Twenty minutes until school started. The four of us started talking about what to expect on the first day. Then, a really tall boy walked up to us. He was skinny, pale, and had black hair. He reminded me of a less ruggedly handsome (but still handsome) version of Stan. God, I have a type. He fist bumped with Clyde and slapped Jimmy on the back.

"Hey Craig, you ready for the new year?" Clyde said to the lanky kid.

Craig just sighed and threw his arms up, "I heard Garrison moved to the high school this year. I swear to God if I have him..."

Craigs voice was extremely monotone and kind of sounded like he had a constant cold. I smiled at that. He was too cute. Clyde introduced my brother and me once again. Craig approached me and rested his arm on the top of my car.

"Sick car, Y/n. It's like the Family Truckster from-"

"National Lampoon's Vacation," we both finished at the same time.

"Yeah," I softly laughed.

"Cool," Craig said. We stared at each other for a few seconds too long. Clyde noticed and cleared his throat.

"Okay guys, I think it's about time we head in. Come on Y/n, Cam, it's time to meet everyone at South Park High."

The five of us walked into school together. My brother made his way to his first class on the other end of campus. Clyde and I walked through the halls side by side, and I looked down at my phone. I scrolled through an email I got from the school, trying to find my schedule. Suddenly, I collided with a solid body. My phone flew out of my hand and the person I ran into's book slammed on to the ground. I bent down to pick my phone and the book up.

"Holy shit dude, I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going and-" I looked up and saw something that almost made me pass out.

"Y/n?" A familiar voice questioned.

"Stan?" I gasped for air.

"What the fuck is going on, man," Clyde said with his eyes opened wide.

Stan and I stared at each other, not able to form any of our thoughts into words.

Fuck.