Chapter 15: Still raining

As they reached the dark underground of the building, Taehyung's body was practically trembling. Was it from the weight of his friend on his back? Or because he was scared of what might be awaiting them down there? Or he worried about his colleague who was up there all by herself. He had so many questions that blurred his thoughts. The doors to the elevator opened, and he stopped Jimin from getting out first. Gesturing her to follow him, he slowly stepped out, looking around.

Only few cars were parked, most of the surface empty. They could barely make out anything because of the dim lights on the roof. Two hanging signs lit up in red indicated the entry and exit. He wondered which way to go. Besides him, Jimin pointed at the entry's direction.

"That is the one which gives on the backstreet." Taehyung nodded and proceeded on walking towards it but making sure to go behind the parked cars. It might be logical for Rais to only send a few men since the job wasn't a hard one but nothing guaranteed that it wasn't the case. Shots might start flying right as of this moment and he wouldn't be surprised. It was better to expect the worse than to be caught unprepared. Paying close to attention to every object and sound, he tisked at the sound of the woman's heels behind him.

"Jimin, your shoes!" he whispered under his breath, pointing at her low-heeled shoes. The woman stared at him confused before understanding that he was asking her to take them off. She nodded and took them off in a hurry. As she stood straight again, her shoes went flying out of her hands. She let out a yelp and held her hand in pain and Taehyung rushed to check her hands.

"Wh-what..." Her voice wavered as they both realised that something just grazed hand. Something small yet fast enough to cut through skin. Taehyung's eyes widened and instantly pulled her down, kneeling behind a car.

"Shit!" He hissed, placing Jungkook down before looking around. He couldn't see anyone, but then where did the bullet come from?

"Tae..." He hushed Jimin before getting up and running near a car parked a little further away from the one they were hiding behind. As he was getting ready to kneel behind it, another bullet sound resounded, but the bullet in question landed next to the car's trunk. Huffing, he let his back rest against the car door and looked sideways. Through the side mirror of the car, he managed to catch a glimpse of a man covered up from head to toe in black, with a gun in his hands, aiming his way. Taehyung cursed mentally. Thankfully, Y/n did hand him a gun before getting out of the car for a situation like this one. Taking it out, he saw that there weren't many bullets in it unfortunately, since it was a gun left in her car from a long time ago. Still, he felt thankful.

He made a quick eye-contact with Jimin and gestured for her to lay low and not move. As long as the sniper's attention was on him, they were both safe. Collecting himself, he got up and shot once, letting the sniper now that he knew of his hiding place. He then ran behind a large, square poll, knowing that the sniper himself would be in the process of changing his spot. Arriving at his new hiding spot, he recharged the gun but a sudden bullet shooting through his jacket's sleeve made him freeze. Panicked, his eyes met the sniper's through the back window of the small car in front of him. Before he could think it through, he ran from that spot, barely missing the two bullets that came after the first one.

"Taehyung!" He cursed at Jimin's exclamation that probably reminded the sniper of her presence and Jungkook's as well. Turning around in the midst of his run, he shot a few bullets himself, forcing the sniper to take a break whilst he ran back to his two friends.

"Get up, we can't stay here!" He picked up Jungkook on his back as fast as possible and stayed behind the car for a moment. When no other bullet came, he decided to take the risk and make a run for the exit. From one car to another, they nearly made it to the exit when a bullet touched the woman beside him. Taehyung yelled her name as she fell down, gripping her lower leg. He kneeled down to help her but before he could ask her anything his eyes widened at the sniper who had his gun aimed at him directly.