Chapter 12: "Connection"

"Deeper, I feel like dying everyday,

Please let me be punished."

-----------------------------------------------

The cemented floor was so cold. She shivered, her arms wrapped around herself to keep the smallest bit of her body's heat. Light breathes left her dry lips, as her nose was clogged, or probably broken from the many hits. She leaned her head against the concrete wall, eyes staring into void, mind empty like a blank paper.

She hadn't eaten in days. She was starving and she begged for food each time someone would check up on her but they wouldn't give her anything.

It was her punishment, for not having met the month's ends.

She didn't make the amount of money required last month, not because she didn't work enough but because men paid her less. She had starting losing her value, she wasn't new and intact anymore.

Even though she tried. She pushed herself to accept more people, to allow them over time, to surrender to their weird demands to the point she had fainted far too many times and had even risked a few attacks from overdosing.

But she just couldn't make it.

She still trembled, remembering that evening. The last evening of the month.

As her last client was hastily dressing himself back up, and she was laying flat on the floor. She looked as she was dead, even though her condition wasn't very far from it.

"Here." The man, maybe around triple her age, dropped about two to three notes. The papers fell in front of her face and it took her all the effort to support her upper body up and pick up the money.

Breathe heavy, she desperately calculated the amount, ignoring obviously the fact that he had paid much less than the session was worth, but that wasn't what counted in her mind. She just wanted this money to be enough for the total sum to be sufficient for the boss. She had already gotten a few hits nights before, warning her that whatever she must do, she better had the money for the end of the month.

Her eyes widened in fear, though, when she realised that there were still a dozen dollars left.

Her head shot up in the man's direction, who was already close to the door. Limping, she tried to make her way as quickly as possible to the man.

"Wait! Wait!" She threw her arms around his right leg, stopping him.

"What the-" The man snarled, "What are you doing?"

Crying, she looked up at the man with pleading eyes. "P-please, s-sir. Th-this isn't e-enough. Give me m-more money please..."

The man scoffed and tried to shake the clingy girl off of his leg, eventually smacking her head, pulling her face away from her hair. Nonetheless, she kept begging, clinging onto the man's leg as if it was her life.

"Let me go, you psycho bitch!" He slapped her across her face, sending her rolling a few centimeters away. He took the chance to open the door and flee while the girl tried to get back up.

"N-no, wait! Please! Just a little mo-" She limped a few steps but her legs gave up on her and she fell on the ground again.

She remembered how she cried, her sunken face all wet from the tears and the taste of the blood from her busted lip inside her mouth. She cried in fear, terrified from the moment her boss would enter once the club would close.