Chapter 8: "Helpless"

"But in order to be free from this crime

It's impossible to forget and give up"

---------------------------------------------------

There was this silence.

To the little teenage girl, nothing seemed wrong with it. She had noticed how calm it had gotten in the land-rover but had quickly shrugged it off. She turned her focus to the tainted window again and smiled watching the countryside landscape.

But to Y/n and Taehyung, it was as if a heavy weight was crushing them, inside and out.

The little girl born and raised in one and only city gasped in awe each time a cow or horse would come into view. She'd even clap if she saw a herd of sheep, squeaking out cute sounds that would catch the attention of the two adults sitting in the front row.

"Donkey!" She giggled, her index pointing towards the animal that munched on his grass peacefully. As the car passed the unusual sight she leaned away from the glass and noticed Taehyung's gaze on her.

The teenager blushed, letting out an awkward laugh. "It-it was a donkey, outside..."

Taehyung smiled, causing her cheeks to flame up.

Though she knew Mr. Kim was double her age, it was too hard to not admit the handsomeness and the maturity that radiated from him. He would make any women go weak in her legs with a single glance. Not to mention that he was the kindest someone had been to her in her entire life. Sherley secretly threw glances up to stare at the man's backside that in itself was quit the sight.

"Really? I thought the donkey was sitting right beside me." Y/n said, her hand reaching out to pat Taehyung's arm.

Sherley laughed shyly while Taehyung glared the woman's way.

"Here I thought there was a piglet driving our car." He played with the curled end of Y/n's high pigtail, a little smirk dancing on his lips when the owner of the said pigtail gave him a warning look.

Her hand left the steering wheel cautiously and went to pinch the man in his side, who flinched at the pain. Y/n chuckled, shocked but happy to have earned a better reaction than what she had expected. Meanwhile Taehyug looked at her in disbelief, shaking his head at her childishness while rubbing the pained area.

"If I may ask, are you two a couple?"

They both freeze at the question, Y/n's laughter immediately dying down.

They both looked at each other for a moment, as if considering the idea.

But soon enough, Taehyung broke the contact and turned to the curious girl in the back seat. "Of course not."

"Oh." A little smile graced Sherley's lips. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. "Sorry, you guys looked good together." She shyly giggled, feeling slightly reassured of knowing Taehyung's singularity.

Y/n's eyes softened. She huffed a little and moved her attention back on the road, a little bitter taste lingering in the depth of her mind. She quickly shrugged it off, knowing well that it was completely normal for the little girl to mistake them for lovers. Taehyung and her were both beautiful people, so people would tend to try to match them up.

She nodded, as if confirming it to herself, that the bitter feeling was unnecessary.

Even though something in her heart told her the bad taste was from Taehyung's answer, not Sherley's misunderstanding.

"We're nearly there. Sherley, you'll meet new people there, our boss too. I've messaged her about your lodgment problem, she's handling it at the moment. You'll get every information on place."