Lollipop

(short chapter)

Nope.
You DID NOT understand, and you WERE NOT gonna understand.

Whatever Christa was on (hopefully it was just drugs), what he said last night was deeeaaaad wrong.

The "Don't talk something something but just me" shit is not right.
Yes, sure, he may be your boyfriend. And with that, he has a lot of rights to sometimes tell you what and what not to do, but no meeting up with friends?

Yeaah, sheesh, I don't know about that, but that don't sit right with you at all.

The cloudy gray clouds ran across the gloomy skies, reminding you of the bad weather.

You were now on your way to campus again, excited to meet your new friend.
Black cars whizz past the street across your university.
Fingers nervously coiling around your earphone's wire, unable to shake away this feeling.

God, it felt like you were doing something rebellious against your parents. But that parent was Christa....in a way.

"Y/n! Hey!" A voice calls out.

"Omigosh, I thought you wouldn't meet up. Thank God, I was wrong." Nua says between pants. Sweat dripped down from his hair, making it damp. He shot you a bright smile, as he catched his breath.

"Yeaahh..."

-----

"Wait, he said what?!" Nua exclaims, as he brings up a hand to his gaping mouth.

"He said that I don't need friends. I mean, don'tcha think that's....not right?" You had just finished explaining about what happened to you and Christa last night. It felt good to vent it out to a friend.

"Yeah, its...not. If I had a girlfriend, I would allow her to hang out with friends, because, hey, everyone needs to hang out with their pals from time to time." Nua says with a shrug.

"Wait, you don't have a girl?" You asked, taken aback.
Nua was attractive and cute, it surprised you to find out that he was single.

"Yeah, um... I'm too busy for a girlfriend. I have a lot of jobs and I have to take care of my niece at home." Nua says with a chuckle.

"Niece...?"

"O-oh, sorry. I have this really adorable niece. She lives with me now, since her mom...um...well, you now get the idea why I'm studying criminology." Nua explains.

"Oh... I'm so sorry." You placed your hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Its okay. I got this acting job that pays well, and is enough to support me and Dahlia." Nua says with a smile.

"Her name is Dahlia? That's cute." You stated.

"See here, she's a load of sunshine and...well, dahlias, I guess." Nua shows you his lock screen wallpaper of a little girl, no older than nine.

She sat on the floor, and she wore a large yellow raincoat that covered her like a blanket. Her sleek, black hair was kept in a neat and low ponytail. She grinned brightly, showing two missing teeth from her mouth.

"She's precious." You complimented.

Nua took his phone back, and tucked it into his pocket. "Maybe when this is over, you can visit her."

"That would be nice—"

"Y/n! You gotta go to the Headmaster, quick!" A student shouts.

"What? Why?" You ask with a confused frown.

"They're saying you killed Grant."