M&M's

Y/N L/N

"What?" Your steady hold on the gun faltered.

Nua's eyes travelled to the large billboard on top of a building, before looking back at you.
"Everything here is not real."

"Cut to the fucking point!!" You yell. The night's events taking toll on you like a stressful oceanic wave.

"You, Christa, This world...everyone. This is not real. All of you are a science program called the Judah Program, funded by very rich people. This world you're living in is just a large cinematic set built underground." Nua revealed.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" You sneered.

"Why do you think you couldn't see the sun? Or the stars? The skies are computer generated, and so is the weather. Don't you find it weird that you never mentioned your parents? Or have you ever tried to reminsce your childhood? You didn't, because you never had in the first place. Your everyday life is being monitored....even now." Nua reasons.

"No...no, that can't be."

"You're not a real person, Y/n. You're made from someone's DNA and with that, they gave you an artificial body. Everyone in this "city" are all artificial, including Christa. Since this science program was funded by rich individuals, the program turned a one-eighty, and the original goal for the program was discarded. Those rich fucks placed bets and auctions on what happens in your life. Why do you think your classmates attacked you?"
Nua ran his fingers through his hair.

Memories of Ava saying numbers that night you were attacked. Realization dawned on you.
They were placing bets on you.

"Why?! Why me?!" You scream.

"There are three roles in this world." Nua stated, as he gently takes the gun from your hand.
"Love. Kill. Protect."

"You hold the Love role. You were created to be the reincarnation of innocence, purity, and well, love. Christa's role was Kill. He was originally created to kill you. Destroy you. Everything he did to you tonight is his life's true purpose. The only reason why he loved you was because of the role you held. Your role affected him, and he was tamed. A lot of the people up there were surprised at Christa's defect on his goals. Tonight was different though. Something must have triggered back his goal, and now he's back in his system."

You clenched your hands tightly, Nua's words finally getting to you.
"And Protect?" You asked.

He sighed, "That's where I come in. They hired me to take on the role of Protect, to protect you once Christa snaps." Nua lets out a huff, "I wasn't lying when I said one of my part time jobs were acting."

"How long have you been here?" You interrogated.

"Two nights ago." He admits. Nua's eyes narrowed at you, before letting out a defeated sigh.

"You know," He adds, "You've never been in a relationship with Christa for two years. It's actually been just two months. The team behind the program made sure to fuck with your heads to make it look like you really had a life."

Your heart ached and your head pounded. This much information was so much to process.

"You've been created just this year." Nua reveals.

"What about the others? Don't they...don't they have roles?" You shakily brought your hands to your arms.

"They have the minor roles; Witness. It depends on how the bets go, and the team behind them change their roles to Kill." Nua explains.

"So... basically, everyone here is going to kill me except you?" You asked.

Nua nodded his head, "Since my role is Protect, bets or orders can't change my role to Kill, cuz' I hold a very important role."

"Well..." You paused. "Fuck."

Nua's eyes travel to the road, before cursing out loud.
He grabs you by the hand, and began to drag you away.

"What's wrong?!" You asked.

"They're placing the bets." He says through gritted teeth.

You look up to the billboard's screen and your eyes widened in fear.

Red letters and a large sum of numbers were written on it.

KILL Y/N L/N| KILL CHRISTA THELAINUES

89078 BETS!| 62430 BETS!

"What does that mean?!" You exclaim, as your feet tapped against the floor, as you and Nua continued to run.

"Every Witness in the city's gonna be switched to Kill and find you." Nua explains.

"Then why is the bets about killing  Christa up there?! Didn't you kill him?!" You yell.

"He can't die!!" Nua yells back.

"Wh-what?"

"We have to get somewhe-Y/n?!" Nua calls to you, as you yank your hand off his.

"We're being watched right now, right?" You asked.

"Yes! And if we don't hurry—"

"HEY! LISTEN UP, ENTITLED FUCKS!!!!!" You yell at the top of your  lungs.

"What are you doing?!" Nua hisses.

"YOU'RE ALL SICK! MAKING BETS AS IF MY LIFE IS A GAME, TO THE POINT OF USING THE ONLY GUY I LOVE TO KILL ME. I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU ALL-" You raised your middle finger up to the sky.
"IF YOU THINK I'LL FOLLOW YOUR GODDAMN RULES, THINK AGAIN, PRICK! I'M DONE. I'M DONE WITH YOU ALL. YOU CAN STICK THIS PROGRAM UP YOUR ASS BECAUSE I'M GETTING OUT OF HERE AND I WILL KILL EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU FOR DOING THIS TO ME AND CHRISTA!!! YOU WANNA KILL ME?! BRING IT ON!!!!!"
You spat on the ground spitefully, before wiping the corners of your mouth with the sleeve of Nua's coat.

"There's a weapon made in the lab designed to kill Christa. If we have to end all of this...you know we have to do it." Nua stated.

"Christa is dead." You say coldly. "Everything that I'm doing now is for him."