Green Tea KitKat

"How did it go?" Nua asks, as Y/n steps out of the office.

"Horrible. Why would...someone kill Grant? I mean, yeah, he punched me to oblivion, but he didn't deserve to die." Y/n stated, as she rubbed her temples.

Nua used his hand to pull back his hair, as he began to ponder.

The theory of Christa murdering Grant popped up into your mind.
It... wasn't too far fetched.
He comes home late at night because of his part time jobs and classes.

But...he could use that excuse while he goes on a murderous journey.

You do remember that he was very bitter about Grant and his friends for beating you up.

Guilt suddenly punched you right in the gut. If it had a personification, it would be yelling, "FALLLCCOON PUUUUNNNCCH!!!!".
Why would you think like that?

Christa was a sweet heart. He's been looking after you for a while now. He's just being protective of you, just like how every boyfriend would be.

You shook away both thoughts, burying them deep in your conscience.

"I'll take a look on it." Nua pipes up, making you raise your brow at him.
"Explain?"

"I'll conduct an investigation that requires me and just me. This case involves you, and I don't want any of my friends to be in trouble." Nua stated.

"What? No! You'll get hurt!" You exclaimed.

Nua huffed, "I appreciate the concern, but I have a worm to pull out of the mud."

"What if you do find the killer?" You asked, "What then?"

The young man shrugged, "Kill them."

Nua looks at your horrified face, before cackling like an imp. "I'm just joking! I can't have murderer on my permanent record! That'd ruin mine and Dahlia's future!"

"You make me want to commit unspeakable crimes in Human Crossing."

Nua jokingly nudged by the arm as he continued to laugh, "Sorry! I can't pass up the opportunity to say it! You looked like a blob fish!"

"I am very close to tearing your skin off." You threaten through gritted teeth.

----

Christa Thelainues

"Idiots." The handsome young man flipped a finger at one of the cars that passed by outside the store.

He was finally happy, you know?

He finally had a reason to live. Her, of course.
He discarded his real goal, and forgot about it. It didn't matter anymore, since she was now his.

But dammit, they had to remind him.

But don't worry! No matter how many obstacles this world was going to throw at him, he would just simply kill them.

Christa glanced at his watch. Y/n had to be home by now.

Seven fifty-seven in the evening.

His classes were biting him in the ass, and he had to work on his thesis when there were no customers.

He worked six jobs.
Six.
To financially support both him and Y/n.

Gas station.

Cashier.

Janitor.

Masseur.

Waiter.

A hired driver.

The jobs and classes don't take a toll on him. He was practically a machine!
But what pained him was that he couldn't spend time with the girl he loved.

This damn world.
He could sense it.

It was going to send in a disaster.
An obstacle.
An annoyance.
A pest.

And he had to destroy it.

"Chris?" A man's voice called.

"Yeah?" Christa calls back.

"Why don't you go home early today? I'm closing early tonight 'cuz I got myself a date." His boss stated from the counter.

"Wow, you actually scored?" Christa teases.

"Hey! Just because I'm not good looking as you, doesn't mean that I'm going to die alone and forever single. Fucking bastard." The man grumbles.

Christa chuckled, "Let me just go grab my things."

-----

Where was she?

Christa gritted his teeth. You weren't in the apartment you both shared.

She was supposed to be here an hour ago.

What if she got hurt?

Or worse, killed?

The sound of a door unlocking and opening creaked behind him.

The lights flicked on, and Y/n gasped at the sight of her boyfriend in the corner of the room.

"Jesus Christ, Christa! You scared me! Why didn't you turn the lights on?" She asks, as she takes her shoes off.

"You're late." Christa stated coldly.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry, I brought Chinese takeout and it took a while—"

"Are you lying to me?" Christa frowned, as he approached the young woman.

"What? No! I literally have the food here!" She defended, as she brought up the plastic bag filled with food.

Christa eyed her suspiciously, not trusting her one bit.

Where was this distrust coming from?

"You... didn't hang out with anyone today, right?" He asks.

A look of disbelief appeared on
Y/n's face, as she sets the food down the counter.
"What kind of stupid question is that? Christa, are you okay?"

"Answer me." The young man growls.

Y/n groans in annoyance, "Okay, let's talk." She exhales before looking at her boyfriend straight in the eye, "Christa, you're being ridiculous and controlling. If something's biting you in the ass to make you act this way, tell me! I'm your girlfriend! You can tell me anything!"

"You're being unreasonable. Did you, or did you not hang out with anyone today?" Christa gritted his teeth.

"I'm being unreasonable?! You're the one being unreasonable! Why are you suddenly like this?!" She retorted.

"Because they're going to take you away from me!" He screams.

Y/n took a step backward, shaken from his sudden outburst. "Who?! Who's going to take me away from you?!"

"Everyone!!!" Christa roars.

"You're insane! No one's going to do that!" Y/n retorted.

"I'm insane?" Christa broke into laughter, "This wasn't what I was supposed to do, but I broke it all for you!!! I loved you, and supported you. I am protecting you!!"

"Get to the fucking point! What are you even talking about?! Christa, please! I love you, but trying to isolate me from everyone else isn't protecting me!! Tell me what's going on, and I could try to understand—"

"You'll never understand! You're an oblivious idiot that can't even see what everyone is trying to do to you!!!" Christa yells.

A hurt expression flitted across the girl's face, her shoulders turning stiff at the cruel words thrown at her.

Christa's face softened, as he grabbed his girlfriend by the arm and embracing her.
"But... that's why I'm here. To love you and protect you. That's why I'm your boyfriend. Your sweet boyfriend! In this world, I'm the best. The strongest...I'm practically God! Your own God... loving you..and adoring you. Without me, you are nothing." He planted a kiss on her head.
"I love you so much." He kisses her head again, as he lets out a whimper. "I love you so much that I could just kill you."