Cotton Candy

Christa's official theme made by Yours Truly is out!

------

Y/N L/N -  PROJECT LOVE

I didn't dare look behind me. I shakily brought up the walkie-talkie to my lips.

"Nua...get to the hatch." I ordered sternly, but my voice couldn't stop itself from shaking like a leaf.

With my words said, I tucked the walkie talkie back into my pocket, before turning my heel to face the caller of my name.

I couldn't think. I was torn apart if I should think he was beautiful or monstrously terrifying.

My sweet boyfriend, Christa, stood only a few steps away from me. His body weakly leaning against one of the cars as he looked at me in fear and confusion. His eyes darting to the gun that was slung across my shoulder, and the bloodied baseball bat I had in my hand.

"Wh-what happened to you...? What's happening?" He said in a very genuine confused tone. I could see his face twitching in fear, as he nervously looked around the dead city around him.

"Where is everyone? Baby, what's happening?" He asked me again.

I raised my bat in a form to defend myself. I knew it would be useless, but if I could buy myself time, I might be able to run.
"Don't fuck with me, Chris." I hissed threateningly.

A hurt expression flitted across his face. He looked even more confused than ever. Of course. Who wouldn't get hurt when you wake up in the real reality, confused and alone, and when you finally see your sense of comfort, they coldly push you away.

"Y/n...?" He softly called me again. His voice cracking, as he tried not to break down into tears.

My heart clenched in pain. I did love Christa with all my heart. But to see him to only be a puppet and a source of entertainment to the elite fucks above was making me angrier. Christa had a life, man-made or god-made. And here it was, used for fun.

"Don't come near me. I will hurt you. " I threatened through clenched teeth. Tears pricking my eyes.

"I...I did it, didn't I?" There was disappointment in his tone, as he continued to look at me. "I thought I had it all under control... I'm so sorry I hurted you, Y/n."

He knew that he was a Project? This entire time?

"It wouldn't have happened if you just listened to what I say. Why can't you just be goddamn obedient?" Christa's voice turned cold, as he suddenly stood up straighter.

My guard went up, as I slowly backed away.

"What are you on about, huh?" I yell, as I contined to back away.

"Everything was perfect. We could have stalled the entire thing. You..." He scoffed, "You just had to ruin everything."

A sticky, yellowy, substance began to sleep out of Christa's eyes. The odd substance dripped down from his test ducts to his cheeks, then to his chin.
"But don't worry. I still love you. Come here." He extended his arms.
"We can still fix this. If I kill you, then we could be happy. Everything will be okay."

I shook my head, my voice shaking in fear and sadness, "You're confused Christa. You're confusing your goal to be your love for me." I called out.

"Then that's obviously your fault." He retorted. "Take responsibility for disfunctioning my Program."

"Then stop this! I know my Christa is still in there! Please!" I cried, "We can still get out of here together! We can go to the real world and make those people that hurt us pay!!!" I sobbed, as my hold on the bat weakened, "Please... we'll make them pay. I'll make them pay."