The Trial

Gorgeous Jim and Shadowflight art I commissioned the amazing tunafishprincess on Instagram to do! My boys looking so wholesome and soft here!!Please do not take and use for your own for anything, I rightfully paid for this art piece and do not wis...

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Gorgeous Jim and Shadowflight art I commissioned the amazing tunafishprincess on Instagram to do! My boys looking so wholesome and soft here!!
Please do not take and use for your own for anything, I rightfully paid for this art piece and do not wish for someone to take and use it for whatever reasons.

Anyways, onto the story!!

---

By the time Ursurna and Vendal came into the prison, Shadowflight's head was feeling very dizzy from the blood rushing to his brain. The second he was lowered to the floor, he gave out a weak snarl as the Krubera queen roughly nudged his head with her foot and weakly snapped at her as Jim's cage was lowered to the ground.

"Are you still refusing to admit your friends had a hand in this?" Vendal asks the teen as he is roughly yanked out of his prison.

"It's my fault, I'm responsible! Everything they did was for me!" Jim states defensively.

"Then this is even beyond my authority. I am sorry."

"James Lake Junior, you stand accused of unleashing Gunmar into the world and failing to protect trollkind." Usurna states loudly.

"If you let me out I can fi-" Jim starts to say before he is silenced.

"You will face trial in front of the Tribuneral for your crime. "If found guilty as you say you are..."

"The consequences could be...death." Vendal finishes and Shadowflight snarls angrily. His friend was telling the truth and he was going to be punished? This was unfair!

"But an offer of mercy is on the table. If you surrender the amulet to be destroyed, you will be exiled."

"And your life spared."

"I don't understand, then there won't be a Trollhunter!" Jim says as his dragon gets to his feet.

His human was right, without the glowing metal piece that gave him armor, who was going to be the one to protect these trolls and the humans? Why were these trolls going to get rid of the one thing that gave someone the power to protect them? Something was very off about this, yet sadly he could not even voice his opinions about this.

"For too long we trolls have relied on Merlin's antiquated magics to shelter us." Ursurna explains. "As for the evil we face tomorrow, that is up for our own race to decide. Not some human child."

Yeah, and many of you would rather cower and hide instead of fighting back. Shadowflight thinks with a snort. In doing that, you all just put yourselves at risk of being slaughtered like weak sheep.

"I'm aware that this is the terrible choice young one, but it is solely yours to make." Vendal to Jim before a Krubera troll grabs the teen and roughly shoved him back into his cage. Shadowflight snarls as several trolls surround him with chains, ready to tie him back up before Vendal motions for them to stop and points at some chains attached to the wall. "Tie him up there, last thing we need is a dead dragon on our hands and it's kind to smell the body and come looking for it."