Skull Crusher

"Did you bring me what I asked?" Bllinky asks Toby as he walks back into the library carrying an old book with Shadowflight at his side.

"You never told me the storage tombs were infested with Scorch Beetles!" Toby responds as several tiny glowing bugs start crawling around the book and fall to the floor before he quickly stomps them out. "Also, Shadowflight may have made a tiny mess of the place trying to chase some down."

"Well that's less beetles to deal with next time we go down there." Blinky mutters as he takes the book from the teen and walks back over to the table covered with books before flipping the book open and muttering to himself.

"Why would a book about the thing that killed Aaarrggh help us now?" Toby asks, looking at the stone corpse of their friend.

"Because Tobias, if we can find who created the poison, perhaps we can find who holds the antidote." Blinky responds before exclaiming happily before it gets cut short to an upset groan.

Shadowflight perks up and walks over to the desk to look over the pile of books to see Blinky looking at a page with a strange drawing of two faces, and the other depicting what looked like a troll and human standing on opposite ends of the page. How strange, what was this even about.

"If the cure for Aaarrggh lies with the Janus order, it might as well lie with your...Easter Bunny." The older troll sighs as he walks to the stone corpse.

"Hey what was all that talk about finding hope when things are hopeless?" Toby asks in hopes of trying to cheer Blinky up. "We'll find a way."

"Find a way for what, exactly?" They hear Vendel say. Shadowlfight immediately jumps onto the table as the elder troll walks into the library, hoping to hide the mess of books out of his sight. Not a really comfortable or good idea, but what else was he supposed to do?

"Oh we were just tidying up!" Blinky says as he hurries to the table and ties shooing the dragon off. "Oh silly dragon, this isn't a bed of coals to nap on! Off now!"

"Need I remind you after yesterday's incident, the Tribunal has you four on my strict probation!" Vendel says with a frown. "And that includes the Trollhunter's dragon! They're already on my case for allowing such creature in our place of dwelling. Out with it!"

"We're just looking for a miracle to save my wingman." Toy says looking to the statue.

"So you aren't meddling with Tribunal's edict to bury Killahead Bridge where no troll nor mortal could find it?"

No! Shadowflight gives an upset roar in protest as he leaps off the table, knocking books over. No way he was going to let those trolls get rid of the one thing that was the only way for JIm to come home!

"We need to move on without Jim, don't worry Vendel. We've accepted the Tribunal's decision." Claire says as she walks in and nudges Blinky, who then nudges Toby to silence his protest.

"I wish it were different, but to go against the elder word is to court treason." Vendel says."

"Jim put more than himself in danger by going into the Darklands, we all have to live with the consequences." Claire says with a nod.

"Very well, tidy away."

As soon as Vendel was gone, Blinky began to panic.

"Great Gizmodeous they're taking the bridge!" He exclaims. "How will we rescue master Jim now?!"

"Don't worry, I saw this coming." Claire assures him. "I had Notenrique stow away in one of the crates when the pieces were shipped out. That way I'll have an emotional anchor!"