In the Hall of the Gum Gum King

"This should be the place, right?"

"Better be, I don't wanna be walking through theses caves."

Shadowflight groggily opens his eyes to find himself being painfully dragged by the tail before he's unceremoniously tossed, His whole body felt like it was wrapped up in chains, which it probably still was to keep him from moving so much. He could hear trolls nearby whispering a bit too loudly, probably assuming he as still knocked out thanks to one of them hitting him with a spear.

"Ursurna says we have to kill the thing before it wakes up, can't risk it running back to take vengeance." One troll says to their companion. "You got a sword or something? At least so we can cut the head off as proof."

"Yeah got one." The other troll responds and Shadowflight hears the sound of a blade being drawn. "Be quick now."

The dragon growls loudly as he starts to thrash, trying to move as one of the Krubera trolls approach him with a large jagged looking blade in hand and lifting it up, a maniac glint in their eyes. But before they could bring the blade down, an indigo colored blast strikes the sword out of the troll's hands and black and pale white shape leaps at them with a loud screech. Shadowflight's eyes widen in horror when he realizes who it was.

The dragon was a Night Light, only this one was smaller and a bit sleeker looking, pale white markings near the eyes and under the belly to make it resemble a whale creature he recalled his family feasting on once. And there was only one dragon he knew who looked too much like the creature, hence the name his mother thought was fitting for his sibling when she hatched.

The Krubera troll crumbled under his sister before she launches herself at the fleeing Krubera before hearing a shattering sound. Moments later, the dragon emerges from the cave entrance and walks back to Shadowflight, sniffing at the chains around his body and snorts in disgust before trying to latch her teeth around and tugging on the ones around his body.

That's not gonna work Orca. Shadowflight huffs as he tries to wiggle free. Stupid trolls, had to make it harder for escape.

Papa's been looking for you since you disappeared again. His sister comments as she tries the chains around the tail. He's super mad.

What else is new? The dragon snorts before he glances back to see he could wiggle his tail free from the chain. Guess these idiots left enough slack on the chain for him to wiggle out of and the rest of himself was soon free. Shadowflight shakes the rest of the chains off himself, checking for any injuries he may have sustained while being dragged away. So far nothing, so that was good at least.

Wait where are you going? Orca asks as Shadowflight starts walking off.

Back to my friends, they need me. He responds. Specifically Jim. I'm gonna save him.

You have to come home! Papa is mad, mama is worried and so are the others-

My friends need me! What part of that do you not understand?! Shadowflight snarls, turning to snap at his sister. I'm tired of living underground, I don't wanna wait until I'm older to go to the surface for hunting! Dad can go eat rocks for all I care! If he wants me, he can come up and drag me back by the tail himself!

He continues to walk through the tunnels, but he could have sworn he could hear his sister following. Glancing behind him, he could see Orca trailing behind him, keeping several feet of space and doing a very poor job of hiding. He lets out a low growl in warning, but she ignored it, deciding to try and charge ahead before he grabs her by the tail and yank her back.

OW! Jerk! I'm telling- Shadowflight quickly lifts a wing to cover her mouth before motioning for her to be silent.

There are some trolls out here, not nice ones. He says softly. These looked more like Gum-Gum trolls, not like the Krubera that attempted to kill him earlier.