𝐁rand-new superhero companion!

𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐍 𝐓𝐎 lighten and the three older demigods packed up all their things and made their way over to Artemis. Nicki had to run back and grab Nico, who was so lost in the comics that he hadn't noticed they had left him.

"You have to be more careful, Neeks. They aren't used to younger kids and I don't want you getting left behind."

"Bianca's leaving me behind." Nicki's stern face melted at the boy's hushed words. It was as if he didn't want to say them too loudly because that would make them come true.

Part of Nicki wanted to tell him that wasn't true, to show him Bianca wouldn't do that to him, but the other part knew he was right. She knew the deciding factor for Bianca was the fact she wouldn't have to look after Nico anymore.

Sure, Nicki understood that being 13 and looking after your little brother isn't something anyone wants. But she would never be able to understand abandoning him for people you just met. Never.

The reasonable side of Nicki won and she pulled the boy into a tight hug. She allowed him to bury his head into her stomach. She didn't say anything as he blubbered. What could she say that wouldn't invalidate his feelings?

Nicki was lucky she nestled her face into his hair when she did, as a bright flash of light pierced through her shut eyelids. Her aviator jacket felt like it was melting off of her until suddenly the light died.

Nicki dragged Nico behind her, racing toward Percy. "What the hell was that?" She hissed, appearing off of his right shoulder. The teenagers' shoes were soggy as they stood in the now-melted snow, waiting for something to happen.

"That's Apollo," Percy whispered, pointing discretely toward the glowing red convertible Maserati Spyder. "Driving my dream car."

"It's a nice car," Nicki whistled, her dark eyes scanning the car.

"I know. I want it so bad."

"Think he'd let us keep it?"

"Wanna try?" The pair exchanged a giddy look before the car door popped open. A tall guy stepped out, smiling. He looked about seventeen or eighteen, and for a split second, Nicki felt Percy tense up beside her.

She placed a hand on his shoulder comfortingly but didn't ask him what was wrong. Nico began swinging out of Nicki's arm, eager to talk to the god. He wore black ripped jeans paired with black high-top shoes and a sleeveless Guns N' Roses shirt, which received a weak squeal from both Thalia and Nicki.

"Woah," Thalia muttered. "Apollo is hot."

"You're telling me." Nicki let out a low whistle exchanging the look with Thalia. You know, the look all girls give each other when they see someone attractive, or pretty. The look.

Percy glanced between the two girls on either side of him in confusion. "He's the sun god."

"That's not what we meant."

"Little sister!" Apollo called. If his teeth were any whiter, he could've blinded them all without the sun car. Thalia and Nicki exchanged a different look this time, leaving Percy to feel like he was deciphering an alien language. "What's up? You never call. You never write, I was getting worried!"

Artemis sighed. "I'm fine, Apollo. And I am not your little sister."

"Hey, I was born first."

"I thought Artemis was. Didn't she help birth Apollo?" Percy shrugged at Nicki's questioning. He really should've paid more attention to his mythology classes at Camp.