𝔻ancing in the clouds

There are parties, and then there are huge, major, blowout parties. And then there are Olympian parties. If you ever get a choice, go for the Olympian.

The Nine Muses cranked up the tunes, and Nicki realized the music was whatever you wanted it to be: the gods could listen to classical and the younger demigods heard hip-hop or whatever, and it was all the same soundtrack.

No arguments. No fights to change the radio station. Just requests to crank it up.

Dionysus went around growing refreshment stands out of the ground, and a beautiful woman walked with him arm in arm—his wife, Ariadne. Dionysus looked happy for the first time.

Nectar and ambrosia overflowed from golden fountains, and platters of mortal snackfood crowded the banquet tables. Golden goblets filled with whatever drink you wanted.

Grover trotted around with a full plate of tin cans and enchiladas, and his goblet was full of double-espresso latte, which he kept muttering over like an incantation: "Pan! Pan!"

Hecate caught Nicki just before she had entered the party. She had whispered something to the girl, making her scowl but nod all the same.

Gods kept coming over to congratulate Nicki. Thankfully, they had reduced themselves to human size, so they didn't accidentally trample partygoers under their feet.

Apollo told her she could drive his sun chariot any time, and if she ever wanted archery lessons, she'd know who to call.

"Thanks," She told him. "But seriously, I'm no good at archery."

"Ah, nonsense," he said. "Target practice from the chariot as we fly over the U.S.? Best fun there is!"

Nicki rolled her eyes, sipping a small amount of dusty tasting nectar. "Best fun there is if you like getting impaled by a fly away arrow."

"You'll get better at it, Pheonix. It's all about the zen."

"Ash!" Thalia appeared beside Apollo. "Whoops, sorry. Gotta steal her." Apollo plucked the cup out of Nicki's grasp, so she didn't spill it everywhere.

Nicki waved hastily at Apollo as she was dragged away.

"This is why I have no zen!" Nicki called, pointing at Thalia. Apollo shook his head laughing at the girls' antics.

Thalia weaved between people expertly, while Nicki stumbled over her feet every 2 yards. "Can you hear the same songs as me?"

"I can hear Stars In Their Eyes by Just Jack, is that what you hear?"

"Great!" Thalia dragged Nicki toward an open space in the streets, her face screwed up in concentration.

The music changed and the familiar intro to Thnks fr th Mmrs began to fill Nicki's ears. Nicki let out a laugh as Thalia spun her around.

Nicki spotted Annabeth wandering around and called her name. "Come dance with us." Annabeth grinned, manoeuvring her way around people to reach the dizzy demigods.

The trio screamed the lyrics to the song, despite the fact not everyone could hear what they heard. They received some odd looks but didn't care.

Nicki felt light-headed as she jumped around. The rising sun draining her residual energy was not helping with the fact she literally held up the sky hours earlier.

As she sang along to Paralyzer by Finger Eleven, a figure appeared in front of her, stopping her in her tracks.

She looked up at the man, who seemed to be a carbon copy of Percy. "Poseidon?" She questioned, squinting to keep her vision clear.