Chapter 1

"Honey, Keely, why don't you try to come with us just this one time?—"

"Mom, please not now. I just have to pass the exams tomorrow," Keely sighs and brings the book closer to her face.

Her mom sighs and closes the door. She's always been stubborn like this, so her family just leaves her be. It's not like she hates hearing the party music from the central platform of Vibe City or doesn't like other trolls, it's just that she'd rather stay here at home and hum to herself.

Her eyes scanned the words from pages to pages until she hears the loud cheers from outside. "How's our Funk Trolls rollin' tonight?" King Quincy's voice was heard throughout the whole ship. Keely had set down the book to listen, out of pure respect to their leaders. "This day is very special, and there is no other funky way to celebrate the foundation of our Vibe City than a big party!"

She muttered 'yeah' with the cheers that resonated from the outside. Don't get it wrong, this troll is as happy about the celebration as other trolls, it's just that doing an over the top expression would be too exhausting for her as as she is alone in the room. The song started with an upbeat funk, and so Keely stood from her fluffy bed and listened while looking at her feet.

"One, two, one, two, one, two, one— ugh no! That's not how it goes!" she groans. "One, two, three... One, two— oh come on!" another reason why she doesn't wanna party with everyone else is because SHE. CAN'T. DANCE. Already embarrassed about herself, she decides to just plop on to her bed again.

"Come on, Keely. You're a funk troll. You're supposed to have the funk in you," she mutters to herself.