Chapter 37

All arrangements are now done within Vibe Town. It was time to let the ambassadors take control of this district while Prince D returns home to Vibe City. It's a Funk's choice whether to stay in Trollstopia or go back home, in this case, he was needed more back at Vibe City rather than here. And among with few others, they arrive back with full of wonderful stories to tell. Not much can be heard about his side, or from the other troll who looked just as much as tired as her. Keely went back home as well, feeling a bit out of place with her emotions giving her the headache of the century. She thought it'd be better to go back and reflect before the start of the summer-autumn team on the engineering department.

Prince D returned to his duties just as before, except he rarely ever goes out anymore. The only time he does is when there's very little he can do from his room and goes out on his hoverboard to do only one thing.

Keely is sitting by the table fidgeting with her pen, it's what he can see through her window from afar. Words may not be enough to fix what they've lost, and the only thing Darnell can do is make sure she stays fine after all that. More like reassuring himself, really.

"... I just wish for one night I could hold you closer than I thought I might," he turns his hoverboard around and steadily floats away, "I just wish for one night you'd see my heart's inside...... 'Cause it beats for you. Girl it beats for you. Wish you felt the way I do. Wish you felt the way I do," his hand grips his heart as if it's going to try to prevent it from breaking apart. Other random trolls followed to his song, singing the last parts for him as he glided through the mothership, "... 'Cause it beats for you. Girl it beats for you. Wish you felt the way I do. Wish you felt the way I do..."

On Keely's side of the story, she's not holding up much better than him. Depending on Cooper's attempt to make her feel better through a few letters he carefully sends to her doesn't seem to lift the troll's mood even for a bit. She only ever just laze around in her room or help out a bit in the kitchen, to which Keely blindly hoped that Prince D would come and sit on his regular table just like he did before.

Does friends really get this much jealous over another friend? She thought it was okay.... He said it was okay. Keely likes the prince, that much she can't deny anymore. And if he didn't feel the same way, then why only be jealous of Cooper when she had made friends with Marga a bit longer before him? It both gave her hope, but sadness at the same time.

She wasn't writing a letter for the pop trolls this time, instead Keely is wracking her brains up on a love/apology letter she wants to give to Prince D. Somehow. Still no words come to her mind.

"Can't even tell if I love or hate you more," she lays down on her bed, hugging her pillow with a smile at the mere flash of his face in her mind, "You've got me addicted, and I can't tell who's keeping score." Keely frowns and stands up, walking down the stairs to help serve to the customers, "I know what you mean when you act like that, but you don't know it's breaking my heart. I said that it was just never gonna happen, it almost keeps me in the dark. Every time we talk it just hurts so bad 'cause I don't even know what we are..... I don't even know where to start..... But I can play the part."

*time skip to her return at the job* ('Cause why not :P)

Trolls at the engineering department fixes things up in sync, creating a beat as they all sang together at work, "We say we're friends but I'm catching you across the room. It makes no sense 'cause we're fighting over what we do—"

Keely catches the lyrics and sings alone, eyeing the panel for any changes that should be made, "And there's no way that I'll end up being with you, but friends don't look at friends that way." She catches sight of the royal pair, King Quincy and Prince D as they pass by the hallway to do inspections. This send a frown to her lips as Keely look down to avoid staring, ".......Friends don't look at friends that way."

"Friends—don't look at friends that way." Prince D sang along the last bit as he and his Dad walked into the room. They glances at each other longingly for a moment before going back to duty.