Chapter 11

"Another wonderful year of celebration has been given to us as our son finally reaches the age of adulthood. Prince D, will you do the honors?" King Quincy steps aside as his son steps on the controls of the elevated platform.

Keely clapped while the other trolls around her cheered, the party is finally starting at this point. She's happy to see him up stage, but all these crowd is still making her a lot nervous.

"Sup, y'all. Thank you for coming. I appreciate all the greetings of me getting old, yeah I do." Most of the trolls laugh while others shook their heads at his lame joke. "First of all, King Quincy and Queen Essence.... Mom, Dad, I ain't the cheesy type of kid who liked PDA, but I love you guys so much. Thank you for bringing me into this world." The crowd awes. "If ever that we find my twin, hopefully soon, I want to celebrate every birthday we missed with them. Oh boy, it might end up lasting a week or so. Do we have enough stocks for that?"

'Twin?' he never mentioned having a twin.

"Second, I want to thank a very special friend, who's currently hiding somewhere around here. If you find a girl who wears a glittery blue neck ring, has purple hair and has half of my height-"

"Don't you dare," she muttered angrily.

"Nope. Just kidding 'bout the height. But I'll find you later," he chuckled, feeling his back fluff stand up from a chill.

"Thank goodness," Keely sighed in relief.

His speech ends with a promise of a great night, and thus, the music starts. Darnell jumps off the stage for his search, getting blocked by trolls every now and then to congratulate him. He still couldn't see her there after circling the whole main dance floor. Knowing Keely, she'd either sit down somewhere to lay low from the crowd, or go search her parents to the older gen's area where his mom and dad will also be hanging out on.

Thankfully it wasn't the latter as he finally found the girl sitting by herself near the buffet area. Darnell plops down to a seat in front of her with a grin, "So, how's my party so far?"

"Crowded," was her only reply.

"Yeah. It gets boring if you can't talk to anyone whom you can vibe with." Silence lingered between the two of them for ten long seconds before he stood up, "So, shall we dance?"

"W-What?! Wait, shouldn't we eat first? There's literally a lot of stuff I wanna try here next to me, and the dance floor is full right now. A-And you know I'm not used to this many people. And what if I mess up again? What if-"

Prince D quickly picked up a spoon with his mouth, scooped a piece of cake from the buffet table next to him, and feeds it to Keely. He places down the spoon to their table with a nod, "There. Problem solve. What are you so worried about? I'm here, aren't I?"

The girl stares at his reassuring eyes, feeling like her anxiety decreases the longer she does. He's an image that everyone would look up to, she wasn't sure why he'd still be by her side today after all he's done for her. She figured that he'd finally be able to seek for new friends after successfully making friends with her.

"Since it's my special day and all, I'd hope I can make this one as my birthday gift from you," he smiles.

Keely smiles back, shrugging her thoughts off for later and walks side by side with him to the dance floor.