Chapter 8

Darnell expected to hear more, but since she hadn't continued, he replies, "That's it?"

"What do you mean that's it?" she laughs, but it's more like a sad kind of laugh for someone who's admitting defeat.

"You don't need to know how to dance to participate at a party."

"I know, I know, but...." Keely fidgets even more, "I just-I feel like a complete idiot, not knowing how to dance to the groove. Everyone gets the gist of it at one try, while I still needed to memorize it before the actual moment to do it. How do you do it? Moving in sync with everyone else despite not knowing the steps?"

Her sullen expression brings sadness to his too, so Darnell bumps his body to her to cheer her up, "Don't let it bother you that much. And it's not all about knowing the steps, it's about following the beat and rhythm of the music."

"I'm not sure I understand," she shakes her head with a confused smile.

He goes to the center of the plaza and looks back to her, "Come on, I'll teach you. Be warned though, I'm not good at teaching others anything, but for you, I'll try to be clear with the details."

Keely blushed, looking around. Once she knows that no one is around, the troll walked towards him as if they're on the dance floor.

He smirks as she now stood in front of him, "You've been thinking too much about everything, aren't you?"

"I am self conscious about myself."

Darnell laughs, circling around her, "Dancing is based off of trust on the people you are dancing with, clear your head and let your soul loosen up. Try to sing something. I'll provide the beat."

"I don't know what I should-"

"Anything. Stop thinking, and just feel it."

She sighs, then begins to hum a tune. Darnell listened to it, finding the right beat to match up to it. (Come on, you know how it is with movies like these😂 there's already background music for them.)

"I said loosen up, you know the game..." Prince D taps his foot beside her so that she'd feel the vibration, "You know they're gonna take it higher. We gotta put away the guilty face. It's just the rhythm of the real side."

He now surprises her with his rapping, making Keely open her eyes, "Uh, let it go, yeah, you can let it go. Let it flow through your body, let it move through your soul. It's a cool thang, everybody move low. So walk it like everybody knows, just move it out.-"

She stares at him as Darnell dances his feet off. She can't quite catch up to it yet, but the beat is beginning to influence her body to sway.

"-You got a mile and imma walk it for ya. Yeah, sick with the flow, keep it classy for ya."

With a newfound confidence, she started matching up with his moves, "I said loosen up, you know the game. You know they're gonna take it higher. We gotta put away the guilty face. It's just the rhythm of the real side."

"The vibe now is driving me crazy," Darnell nods with a grin and continues, "Okay, we get loose. We be stepping real loud let us do what we do. Nice with the rhythm, you've got the moves. Don't care with them other trolls, I am the truth. Truth be told, I'm feelin' highly winding, because I'm top notch with a title up 'cause I'm rising, there ain't no disguisin'. I fact got an act for that, no surprisin'."

Their bodies in sync in front of each other as they dance with smiles on their faces, "I said loosen up, you know the game. You know they're gonna take it higher. We gotta put away the guilty face. It's just the rhythm of the real side."

"The vibe now is drivin' me crazy," he ended.

After a few moments of silence, Prince D jumped up and down in excitement, "You did it! I knew it, I told you, you did it, Keely!"

"I did," she repeated, but more of a surprised question than an actual statement.

"You can dance," he breathed out, looking at her vibrant expression. To think that he had lifted one of her worries off was a huge amount of happiness for him. And it even doubled as Keely wrapped her neck around him in a hug.

"Thank you, D!" she says with a gleeful tone.

Darnell blushed, smiling like an idiot, "Y-You're welcome..."