Chapter 21

"She's going to turn everyone into Rock Zombies?!" Peppy hyperventilated.

"Just like what she did to Keely," Darnell grits his teeth.

Queen Barb smirked at the bounty hunter who had just landed on her stage, then turned towards the already zombified Funk Troll from backstage, "Finish them."

Keely went out on the stage and started to attack the Kpop Gang and Reggaeton Trolls.

"Dude, is that—?"

"Keely!" Darnell called out in surprise from her sudden appearance on stage.

The music blared once again, starting with the drummer. Queen Barb was carried around on air by some flying vehicle while she hits all the leaders with the ultimate power chord.

And first was Funk.

When they broke out of the obsidian, their appearances changed just as what happened to Poppy's friend. The situation freaked out Cooper, but Darnell was already heading his way to Keely without his brother even noticing.

"Keely, don't!"

The girl stopped midway from tying up the last of the Kpop Gang, sharply looking towards him.

'D, no!' she pleaded, although no words escaped from the monster she's became. Not being able to speak, Darnell cannot anticipate anything that will happen next. But one thing's for sure, he wouldn't stand seeing her get used as a puppet. "Keely, listen to me. You remember me don't you? It's me, Darnell." The girl continued growling at him. "Things don't have to go this way, Keely. I know you're still there."

'Darnell please PLEASE get away from me!'

"Come over here.... It's not too late to fix things. We might still be able to turn you back."

It all happened in a split second. One, they've stood cautiously in front of each other, the next, she had already pushed him away with such force using her head, making them both fly out of the stage and onto the audience area. All while the other leaders were being turned.