Chapter 34

"Overnight at my place on eight a.m.," whispers Poppy to Delta.

" A'ight sure. I'll go fetch some snacks for the night."

After the Queen of Country Tribe galloped away, Branch turned to Poppy with an unsure look, "Poppy, I still don't think this is a good idea," he said, shaking his head.

"Well, why not? I'm just trying to help out a friend."

"Well, their situation is kind of personal, shouldn't they be figuring it out themselves? Plus, inviting a lot of trolls might lessen the chance for them to talk it out."

As it turns out, Queen Poppy caught Branch and Darnell talking about why he's been cold to Keely, and decided to push these two together to make up, just as Branch had predicted.

"And since Cooper is involved, his brother, I feel like something might- might-go wrong about this."

"Don't you trust my guru skills, Branch? I've fixed up a lot of friendships over the last few years. How's this going to be any different?" the queen smiles cheekily at him.

"Branch?" Keely whispers at him, "What's happening? Why is everyone here? Poppy said it's going to be a small slumber party."

"Yeah by small, she means only 1/4 of Trollstopia's population. It's a record actually."

Cooper laughs at the other's jokes while D sat rather out of place with a few subtle chuckles here and there.

"Just chill, alright?"

The girl sat back on her own blanket "... Yeah."

Poppy goes back to their group with a box in hand, containing strings, lights, and binoculars, "Alright, it's time to do the planned activity for this night. Each of you will go in pairs, including me, and will go around Trollstopia in search of a story to tell!" When everyone began murmuring to each other in confusion, she further explains, "For example! I see....." then a firefly passes her face, so Poppy instantly goes along with it, "--a firefly! This little creature came from a far land, flying in desperate search for its family through the unknown."

Keely stared at the Queen as the make up story goes on, a bit nervous of the two things that's required for them to do.

"--and then it goes down for a rest, and suddenly, he sees them. His family he's been looking for ages! And they lived happily ever after..... Pretty simple, right?" The others nodded along, allowing the little game to start. Each of them had been paired randomly (by Queen Poppy's choice) and by the time it got to her, Keely was pushed to Prince D, tying the string around their legs tightly and gives her the binoculars.

The pair looks at each other and sighs through their noses, "Well then, let's go. Can't let them beat us into it," he says.

Keely gulps, looking down to their tied legs and proceeds to take the lead.