Chapter 2: Rimuru Vs Veldora Part 1

"What do you mean you want me to fight you" Veldora asked very confused

"The thing is. Clayman might be controlling Milim and if that is true, he might order her to attack me or my city. I need to be strong enough to protect myself and my people if that happens" Rimuru explains to him

"But what does that have to do with me fighting you"

"Milim is a Dragonoid, right? I figured that I will need some insight on how catastrophy beings fight and you are the only one available. So please fight me" Rimuru asked while bowing his head to Veldora

Veldora contemplated it for sometime before shrugging his shoulders "well, I could fight you if that is what you want but wouldn't it be better if I just fight Milim myself?"

Rimuru looked him in the eyes with a serious look "I want to be the one who helps Milim from this. Milim is someone I care deeply for and I want to have enough power to not only rescue her but to stand side by side with her in any of our future battles"

Veldora smirked to himself "I see. The love you have for her is indeed strong. Very well! I, Veldora Tempest will help you out but know that I will not hold back"

After saying that, Veldora started releasing his mana and it was huge. His aura formed a hurricane around him as he kept releasing it.

Rimuru hesitated for a moment but after remembering Milim face, he stilled himself and prepared for the greatest fight in his life.

"Let do this Raphael. Together, let's beat Veldora" Rimuru said in his mind

<<Notice. As you wish master. Beginning to analyze the Individual named Veldora>>

"Good Raphael. I'll leave the defence to you, ok"

<<As you wish master>>

Yes, with Raphael taking charge of the defence, I have nothing to worry about. Even though Veldora's mana is immense, I'm in a surprisingly good shape. Why is that exactly? I mean, I could feel how outclassed I am compared to Veldora but I'm amazingly calm right now

<<Answer. This is due to the food chain that master shares with all his subordinates>>

Is that right? It seems that now with all my companion blessings, I can stand up to someone like Veldora. In that case, I don't feel like I could lose.

Rimuru's Pov

I rushed at Veldora with my enhanced speed and punched him in the face which surprisingly sent him flying to a wall in the cave.

Even I am shocked because I didn't expect to move so fast. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm fast but fast enough to catch Veldora off guard was not something I expected. I even sent him flying. Guess he was looking down on me, I sure showed him.

Veldora got up from the ground and smiled at me "it seems I underestimated you Rimuru. I didn't think you were this strong. Well then, time to show you what I'm made of"

Veldora then rushed to me with speed I didn't expect. Even with my thought acceleration stretched by a million, I just couldn't react to his speed. I saw his first closing in on my face, but my body just couldn't react at all. It was all over for me, or so I thought. Just then, a rainbow coloured barrier appeared in front of me, blocking Veldora's punch which was second away from punching me.

I immediately jump back to create some distance between us while analyzing what just happened. Seriously what happened?

<<Answer. Due to Veldora's speed being above prediction, I activated the ultimate skill Uriel to block his attack>>

'So that was your doing Raphael?'

<<Correct>>

'Thank god I have you for a partner. Keep defending while I attack him'

<<Notice. Due to the analysis gotten from Veldora speed just now, future sight have been learned. Use this skill? Yes/No>>

Future Sight?! Does that mean that I could see the future or something. In that case, yes.

After saying that, I saw Veldora rushed to me and punched me in the stomach. After that, he kick me above himself and fired an energy wave at me. All of a sudden, I returned back to the real world and I was still standing a little further from where Veldora is.

He then rushed to me and prepared to punch me, exactly as I saw him do just seconds ago. I moved my body to the side and let his fist to pass by my stomach. He was shocked by this but I didn't end it there. I grabbed his hand which was still in the air and threw him above me. I then gathered a huge amount of mana in my hand and fired it at him with great speed.

He didn't have time to block and took my attack head on. It exploded the minute it touched him, which sent him into several wall's.

Veldora stood up with some scratches in his body but otherwise, ok. He smiled at me "that was excellent Rimuru. I thought that this fight would be easy for me but I see that I greatly underestimated you. I will now use my full power. Keep up if you can"

What a cocky guy he is. Hear I am, giving everything I have just to match you and you just casually say that you are going full power. This has to be a cheat I tell you. More importantly, what was that just now? It was like I saw the future or something.

<<Correct. The unique skill Future Sight grants the ability to see 20 seconds into the future. This allowed you to predict Veldora's move and react accordingly to it>>

'So what you mean is that I can see the future! That has to be a cheat ability right there. Wait! It's it always active or do I turn it off?'

<<No need to worry master. The skill only activates when master life is in danger but I have access to it's full capabilities>>

'I see. So! Just then, my life would have been in danger if not for that skill. But, doesn't that mean that Veldora was going to kill me'

<<Negative. Master will not die as long as the storm Dragon Veldora is alive. This is due to the Ultimate skill Storm Dragon Veldora which allows master to live even if his body is destroyed. As long as Veldora is alive, master can never truly die and Vice versa. It is believed that this is the intention of Veldora and is the reason why he is attacking master without holding back>>

'I see. So Veldora knows that I will never truly die and is giving it his all in other for me to learn how to battle true dragons. Well then, I hope I can meet his expectation'

The fight between them then resumes after that.