Chapter 28: Return To The Capital City Of Rimuru

Rimuru took everyone back to Tempest where all his subordinates where eager to great him. On his way to Tempest, he saw Veldora who was at the entrance of the city gate and he was waiting for him.

Veldora saw Rimuru approaching and immediately rushed to him.

"Rimuru! Why didn't you inform me that you were going to battle? I thought we were friends" He said with a pout

Rimuru sweat dropped from seeing the way Veldora was acting before sighing "Come on Veldora! I didn't call you because you would just go overboard and destroy the entire forest in the process of your rampage"

Veldora had a dejected look after hearing that "that may be true but you could have at least told me"

"Fu-fu-fu-fu-fu. Veldora, you have no control whatsoever when it comes to handling your power. I on the other hand, learned to control my powers a long time ago" Milim said to Veldora while puffing out her chest.

"Huh!!! I have more control than you and you know it Milim" Veldora shouted at her

"No, I have. After all, I was able to fight Luminus without destroying her in one punch, so there" Milim said with a huff

'I don't think that is something to brag about and Luminus looks very mad over there' Rimuru thought to himself

Indeed, Luminus was boiling in rage but not because of what Milim said, but because of the mere sight of Veldora. The Paladins were wise enough to shift and give her some space before she eradicate them with her aura alone.

Veldora who was still glaring at Milim, sensed a massive killing intent directed at him which gave him a pause. He looked around and saw a silver haired Loli with a few scratchs on her body, glaring at him. He was at first confused on who she was and why she was glaring daggers at him, but he later recognised her as the Demon Lord of the nation he blew up a long time ago.

"Well if it isn't Demon Lord Milinus! What are you doing here? Are you here to see my greatness? Hahahahahaha" Veldora laughed not realising what he just revealed to the entire paladins.

Rimuru face palmed himself for the actions of Veldora and the headache it will cause him. Milim was shrugging her shoulders and saying things like "at least am not the one to reveal it this time."

The Paladins were all surprised after hearing the true Identity of Luminus being a Demon Lord.

"Wait! So our god Luminus is actually Demon Lord Luminus Valentine all along?" Arnaud asked

"I'm just as surprised and confused as you Arnude" Bacchus said

"Hinata! Care to explain this to us?" Saare asked Hinata

Hinata sighed before answering "It's just as you heard, Demon Lord Valentine was just a stand in for the actual Demon lord that is Luminus Valentine. I confronted her when I discovered the truth and I was soundly defeated. She promised me that she will protect Lubelius and her people and I agreed to work for her in exchange"

"But why didn't you tell us about this?" Litus asked with the other paladins murmuring behind her

Hinata coldly looked at all the paladins "Because we wanted as few people to know about this as possible. If any of you had figured it out, I would have had no choice but to execute that person"

All the paladin gulped after hearing that. They wanted to ask more question but the look on Hinata's face was saying that they should choose their next word carefully. Finally, Saare was going to ask a question but Hinata interrupted him

"Just so you know, Luminus means a lot to me and I live to see her will fulfilled. If anyone of you insults her in my presence, I will not hesitate to cut that person down" Hinata told them all.