Chapter 29: The Meeting With Luminus

After everyone had soaked in the hot spring, the female Goblins who were serving as maids in the castle, directed everyone to the dinning room where an extravagant dinner have been prepared for them. The main dish was tempura along with fried chicken, sea food, hamburger and honey with bread for dessert, steak, croquettes and fried shrimp.

Rimuru was very adamant on the type of food he likes to eat. So, he shared his memories of the different types of food from his old world to Shuna and the other cooks.

The dinning room was big and it had a huge dinning table fit for a king and his subjects in the middle of the room. Different varieties of food was laid on the table for everyone to enjoy

Rimuru and Milim, took the two seat meant for them at the head of the table while Luminus and Hinata, took the two seat opposite from them

Rimuru and Milim, took the two seat meant for them at the head of the table while Luminus and Hinata, took the two seat opposite from them. Benimaru, Shion, Shuna, Soei, Carrera, Ultima, Veldora and Rigurd were seated at the right side of the table while Saare, Arnude, Bacchus, Litus, Fritz and Ranard were seated at the left side of the table. The other paladins were being were being served their dinner in another room.

Everyone was provided the appropriate clothes that suits this kind of dinner. For the men, they were wearing a simple black suit and the Female's were wearing an elegant dress. Rimuru and Milim were wearing a yukata fit for a very high class rich man and woman. The other female Goblins were standing at the entrance of the dinning room as the perfect trained maids.

Before they began the dinner, Hinata raised her hand and looked at Rimuru in a determined way.

"It's there something wrong Hinata?" Rimuru asked her

Hinata took a deep breath before she began "I like to once again apologize for all the trouble we've caused you. What happened today, as well as the last time we met, was thanks to my poor judgement. Lady Luminus and my paladins had nothing to do with it. So if you can please forgive...." Hinata didn't finish because Rimuru stopped her by raising his hand

Rimuru sighed "Listen Hinata! That misunderstanding is all cleared up and I bare no Ill will towards you or your nation. I would like us to be friends and if you could drop the prejudices against monsters, then all the better"

Hinata didn't know what to say and she just nodded to him.

"I know I'm asking a lot..." Rimuru continued "A monster, in essence, are virtuous creatures. If you believe that all of them are good without question and innocent lives are killed later by those same monsters, you have set yourself up as a failure. Maybe we could speak to eachother but it doesn't mean we have understood one another, but this country can make it work. Here, my people are giving humans a chance despite Shion being killed by humans and Shuna and the others, being hurt by humans"

"This country that I built is meant to bridge the hate between monsters and humans. Just as there are evil humans who you could even call monsters, there are also monsters that are just plain evil. If human can understand that not all monster are evil and take time to talk and interact with the citizens of this country, I believe that we can come to an agreement and understanding" Rimuru explained his plans to them.