30

Ice. Dodge. Ice. Dodge. Ice. Dodge. Shoot. Ice block. Run. More ice. More dodging

It goes on like that for a couple minutes, and clearly Hitoshi is at more of a disadvantage than the fire and ice quirk user.  How will I make it? Clearly I'm using up more stamina than he is. Hitoshi wracks his brain looking for answers, when he finally realizes as he's hiding behind one of the glass shards for protection, shivering slightly.

He's cold, too. 

Why didn't he notice this sooner?

Todoroki is affected by his own quirk.

Bingo.

____________________________

In hindsight, Hitoshi really should've known better than just figuring out a weak point. God, he was an idiot. He's practically fighting quirkless, and he has no idea just about how much sheer cold tolerance his opponent has, seeing as he's shivering this very instance. It's been roughly two minutes since he's figured out that Todoroki's being affected by his own quirk, and though Shinsou may have more stamina than him, that didn't mean he has more cold tolerance than him. 

Hitoshi is a good fighter. His months of training with Killua can vouch for him. But oh god, it's freezing. He can feel his movements getting sloppier, his breath getting heavier, and the poor guy is just exhausted

He's so exhausted that at this point, the purple haired teen just wants to get this over with. He's freezing and tired and- wait no Hitoshi you /need/ this. Hitoshi thinks enough is enough. Once again, he dashed forwards to get in close range with the dual toned teen. As expected, Todoroki shoots yet another ice blast. However, instead of Hitoshi dodging and shooting his walmart bullets, he instead jumps upwards, landing on top of the ice structure. 

Todoroki builds up another ice wall, intending to block the expected rain of walmart ammo. However, they never did come. Looking up, Todoroki's eyes widen as his opponent tackles him from above, resembling that one ninja vigilante he's seen in a comic before. Not like he's ever read it, of course. He's just seen a picture of it when Natsuo left his comic book open on the floor. 

In a moment of panic, flames engulf the battlefield. Hitoshi's purple eyes widen as he stumbles back, trying to get away from the flames and not get burnt like a chicken nugget. Unfortunately, he wasn't so lucky. 

The stadium clears, leaving water puddles all over the ground and two figures. One of which is standing with eyes comically wide, whilst the other seems to be passed out with some first degree burns. 

____________________________

"Oh don't mind it, Hito. I'm willing to bet you're gonna be transferred to the hero course, anyway. Anyone with eyes can see that you're so much of a better fit than that one grape looking pervert in my class," Killua says, flopping down on Hitoshi's hospital cot in the nurse's office. The purple eyed teen isn't looking so good. He's regained consciousness, but his burns couldn't be treated seeing as he was exhausted to begin with. 

"Hopefully," The purple haired teen groaned, "But damn that was frustrating," he ended with a huff, earning a chuckle from the younger teen, who huffed, "Well, you're still at third place, which is quite a feat. I've heard that the ones on the podium are always the hero course students. I'm sure you've proven yourself plenty," he says with a smirk. 

____________________________

Leaving Hitoshi alone, Killua strolled once again around the corridors, hands behind his head. Once again, of course, he overhears Todoroki speaking to his father. Hiding behind a corner once more, he listens in. What? He's an ex-assassin. Eavesdropping comes as naturally as breathing to him.