𝗠𝗜𝗗𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘

☽༓☾

☽༓☾

☽༓☾

     Two girls who would never be seen apart randomly stopped talking one summer, just before they were due to start junior year. Attached to the hip the two had been, it was like that since they'd met one fortunate day in the sandbox, a love that could never die down, or so they believed. No matter what hardships life would throw at the twin flames, they'd deflect it, barely tethering their bond.

    So...what had caused such a sudden split?

    Teenagers bicker and fall out, it's natural, but it was unnatural for those girls. Their longest argument was five minutes, apologising to one another in horror at their sudden outburst of anger.

     When the students returned from summer, expecting to see the the two laughing and joking about others, yet that didn't happen.

    One strutted through the hallways with an air of confidence, moving her red locks behind her shoulder as she waved to the other girl's in her clique. Whereas the other one strutted in with that same air of confidence, attention moving to the new change shown in her hair as she found her body moving towards her twin brother, the same boy she swore never to interact with her at school, not wanting to be dragged down to his nerd depths as she had worded it.

    It was a shocking sight, the two arriving at different times and leading themselves down different paths. Nobody could explain the distance between them, it was oddly depressing to see them separated. Whenever anyone would ask about it they shut it down, acting like they'd never heard of the other. Where smiles and laughter once lurked, anger and irritation blossomed. Every interaction the girl's had became hostile, erasing every memory that they'd once been closer than anyone could ever explain.

    Although every now and then, some would watch the two glare through the classrooms, wondering what had happened, what tethered their bond?

     The answer was that they were more than anyone else believed. Closer than best friends, a relationship was blossoming between the youthful girls. One night, on the first day of summer break, they were having their annual sleepover. The black haired girl was set to volunteer at the summer camp she attended every year, so they were spending all the time they could together before she had to go. Giggles surrounded the room as the clock in the hallway muffled out the sounds with its clicking noise, alerting those around that it had just struck midnight.