𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

☽༓☾

☽༓☾

    Alike everyone else in Riverdale, Luna had joined in the search for Polly Cooper, talking to Josie, Veronica and Kevin as she did so. Topics went from music to Veronica's plan to get back at her mother. They were going to go out later, spend as much money as they could to send a point to her mother. Luna needed a distraction so she was into the plan as soon as Veronica proposed the idea. 

     On the opposite side of the hunt was the Blossom's and Luna saw the hatred in their eyes as they blamed Polly for the murder of Jason. However, as the night drew closer and it was revealed that Polly was carrying a baby that shared Blossom DNA, the hunt was over. It was shocking to discover and instinctively, Luna turned to find those comforting eyes, gossip and share their thoughts on the subject. Yet, when she realised she was staring back at an empty space, she felt so alone.

    From the woods, she followed Archie and Jughead back to the Andrews construction site to go and see how her father had done, see if he had actually accepted the job. When he told her she was ecstatic but she kept that hidden, merely raising a brow at his declaration. She was holding onto the hope that this time his promise was sincere but she reminded herself not to be too optimistic, that would only lead to disappointment and knowing her father it was inevitable he spiraled again.

      The trio messed around as they waited, Archie throwing a ball against the wall as they did so, ignoring Luna's comment about how it would dent the walls. Rolling her eyes, she dropped onto the chairs, swiveling her body so she was comfortable in her seat. With her phone in her hand, she blocked out the other two's conversation, swiping through the device. 

     A message popped onto the screen and she clicked it curiously, noticing a video had been attached to the message. 'Three years ago today' was the writing in the message and her heart dropped reading it. Even so, she pressed play on the video, showcasing thirteen year old her stood beside Cheryl. Olivia, a friend of theirs, was filming it and she nodded at the duo.

      The two moved, attempting to do a gymnastic move where Luna started in a cartwheel, attempting to move her body over Cheryl's. That didn't happen, instead Cheryl's hands slipped and the duo fell into a crumpled heap on the ground. Laughter left their lips at the idiocy of the situation. Laid in the dirt they hadn't a care in the world, looking at one another as if they were the only person to exist.

     Swiping the video, Luna was met with a photo of her and Cheryl. It made her lips upturn slightly as she looked at their wide smiles. Glitter clung to their cheeks and there were different designs adorning their skin, they had too much fun getting ready. Cheryl held onto the girl as tightly as she possibly could. Luna, however, hadn't been looking at the camera, her eyes focused on the girl beside her, convinced she was clinging onto a living angel. 

     Reluctantly, Luna found herself dragging her finger along the screen and swiping again, this time finding herself met with another video. Pressing play, the two illuminated her screen, they were in Cheryl's bedroom. Music played around them and Luna moved away from where she pressed play on the phone's camera. Cheryl grabbed her hand and they begun the routine they had been practicing for dance. Luna smiled at the memory, they never got to do that dance in front of anyone, it was the last time they ever did it. A week after this was taken, the incident happened and a week after that, Cheryl stopped participating in the dance lessons. It was only when Luna returned she found out the girl had left, no explanation, just like everything else.

      In the video they were so happy, looking at one another with wide eyed smiles as they concentrated on perfecting the movements. When either went wrong, they would send a teasing look the person's way before bursting into a fit of giggles. When did these two girl's change, when did they stop simply being them?

       Squeaking of the door turned attention to the entrance, where they saw their fathers returning, causing Luna to turn her phone off quickly. 

    "Oh, how was your first day back?" Jughead asked his father as Luna shifted in her chair once again.

     "It was great." Fred answered for the man as he grinned. "Your dad is the hardest working guy on the crew, as always."

      FP threw his helmet in Jughead's direction as Luna stared at the wall, not paying attention to what was happening. Her mind was fuzzy, the memories with Cheryl, the fact her father actually got off his ass and agreed to a job. It made her wonder how long this was going to last, how long until her father got himself sacked again, how long until she was picking up empty beer bottles off the trailer floor until the early hours of the morning...

     "Why don't we celebrate to mark the occasion?" Jughead asked, looking at the others happily while FP found his eyes landing on his daughter, knowing she was being more quiet than usual.

    "We were thinking the five of us could have dinner?" Archie added as Fred became hesitant to the idea.

     "Uh, tonight?" He asked the two as FP finally shifted his eyes from his daughter. "I don't know, guys."

     "I'm game if you're game." FP announced, capturing the man's attention. "On me."

      Fred sighed as Archie threw his ball, hitting the ground and landing in the man's hand. Luna stood up, grabbing her bag and turning to face the others. This was the first time she had moved all the time she had been there. Jughead had thrown her concerned looks every now and then but she was too transfixed in whatever was on her phone to notice.

      "I agreed to go out with Ronnie so, I'll see you guys later." Luna announced, not waiting for a goodbye as FP looked defeatedly at the ground.

      "Give her time, Dad." Jughead reminded his father and the man nodded, unable to fight the sadness he felt at her dismissal.

☽༓☾

Words~1088.
{edited:no}