𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

☽༓☾

☽༓☾

From that day at the Sheriff station, Luna had opted to acting like nothing happened, it was like it had never happened. She was her usual bitchy self and yet Jughead couldn't help but be worried about her. There was something haunting about the look in her eyes, about how everything she did seemed like a zombie, detached from reality. He wanted to help her but he didn't know how to, he barely knew how to help himself.

No matter how many times he tried to prove that maybe his father was innocent, Luna had no intention of hearing him out. Instead she'd roll her eyes and find something to excuse herself. Either it was a phone call or she'd pretend somebody called her name and insisted that she had to speak to them at that very moment. However, currently, she was in Archie's garage, staring unimpressed at the group who held Jason's jackets, an attempt to prove that FP was not the murderer.

Luna merely scoffed and crossed her leg over the other, waiting for them to realise how utterly useless that was and let her leave. This seemed to happen sooner than she expected when Veronica arrived, revealing that Hiram Lodge was the one to hire the Serpents to kill Jason, Luna clapped mockingly while Veronica shot the two a sad look, saying that their father was probably the one to pull the trigger.

"Does that mean I can leave yet?" Luna asked and Jughead shot her a look while she merely blinked at him.

"No." Betty shook her head, unable to accept the fact that he was responsible. "I'm not giving up yet."

"Betty, just face the facts, he's a shitty person, this isn't new news." Luna yawned mid sentence, relaxing onto the sofa she was laid on. "It makes life a lot easier."

Grabbing the jacket, Betty ignored the girl and motioned to Archie to put the jacket on. Curious to what she was doing, the girl sat up straighter and watched the redhead hesitantly put his arms into the sleeves. Betty explained that sometimes there are holes in jacket pockets, meaning that maybe something was in there. As she rummaged through she actually managed to find something, a usb drive.

Luna was even more curious now and followed the others to the other sofa, where everyone found some place to perch or sit. Archie grabbed his laptop and plugged the drive into the side as they eagerly waited to see what was hidden inside that jacket. A part of Luna hoped that somehow this proved her father's innocent but she knew better than that, she wouldn't let herself be crushed again when he inevitably let her down.

A video appeared on the screen and they waited to see what the contents of the video were. Luna furrowed her brows as the familiar face appeared, Jason Blossom. Except he was bloody and beaten, dried blood coating his face and a black eye forming on his face. A part of her felt a pang from the sight of someone who was once so caring to her in such a state. He barely seemed conscious, tied to a chair to stop any possible escape. It was no wonder the boy died, he had no chance of freedom.

Flinching, she watched as Clifford Blossom walked into sight of the camera. He reached towards his son and grabbed something barely visible from the pocket of Jason's shirt. When he turned around, placing whatever he had taken away, there was now a gun visible to the camera, held tightly in his hands. Raising the weapon, he pointed it towards his son and Luna felt her heartbeat quicken, her breathing becoming uneven once again.

Hauntingly piercing, a shot rang out and her body jolted, staring in horror at the bullet that lodged itself between Jason's eyes. His body slumped over and Clifford merely walked away, as if he hadn't committed the unthinkable. Horror and fear consumed her as she felt her breathing become hoarse, all this time he had been right in plain sight, all this time he had been living under the same roof as Cheryl.

As Betty leaned forward and slammed the laptop shut, Luna dug through her pocket and located her phone. Without so much as a second thought, she found her contact and dialled it. Normally, she would hesitate, wonder what would follow if she pressed that button, all the consequences that would follow. Right now, that was the least of her concerns, overwhelmed with horror and concern for the girl unknowingly trapped in a house with the murderer of her brother.

After no more than two rings the other person picked up, ready to insult the girl on the other line but before she could the girl cut her off. "Save whatever insult you're going to say, just please shut it and listen to me right now." Luna spoke, mustering as much courage as she possibly could. "You need to get out of that house, it is not safe for you there."

"What are you talking about, Wednesday Addams, I don't have the time to deal with cryptic messages." Cheryl droned, rolling her eyes, despite the slight relief she felt from hearing her voice.

"Cheryl, this isn't the time to argue, your father is the one who murdered Jason, you're in danger if you stay there. Please just fucking listen to me and get out of that house." Luna practically begged, uncaring how it made her appear to everyone else, she couldn't let anything happen to her.

Silence surrounded the call and if it wasn't for the slight shaky breath on Cheryl's end she would've thought the call ended. "Okay, I understand." Cheryl replied after a few minutes. "Thank you."

With a slight click, the call ended and Luna found her eyes meeting her brothers, both wondering what this new information now meant.

☽༓☾

What both Jones twins seemed unaware of was what had happened during the visit that Clifford paid to FP. How he had sat opposite their father and threatened to do some form of harm to each of them if the man didn't comply to his demands. For Jughead, he threatened everything ranging from ruining his career to physically assaulting him to the point of near death. With a dangerous and violent man like that, it was best not to question how far he was willing to go.

As for Luna, Clifford threatened the physical assault, as well as something that caused FP to make his decision almost immediately. Clifford swore that if FP didn't take the fall, everyone in their town would know Luna's darkest secret, how the girl was an abomination, a child of the devil. He mentioned names of individuals who would be more than happy to correct the fault within her and that thought alone made FP want nothing more than to see the man bleed, but he knew it was futile. Clifford had friends in high places and no matter what option FP took, someone would suffer.

Taking the fall would mean nothing would happen to his children, but that would mean they would hate him. He decided that he would rather they hate him than burden them with the agony that would follow if he did not. Perhaps it was selfish, but he would do anything to protect them, no matter the extremity.

☽༓☾
Words~1244.
{edited:no}

Note: heyyy, it's been a while🕴