𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

☽༓☾

☽༓☾

     That day that the Jones twins loathed rolled around and Luna couldn't hate it more, avoiding everyone. Somehow Betty had found out about it, Archie spilling that she was planning a surprise party for the two. Luna had announced she would remain at home, not wanting to third wheel her brother and his girlfriend. While they prepared for the party, Luna headed to the trailer to grab some clothes and other things to take back to the Andrews' household, hopefully she would only return when the 'small' get together was over and she could finally give her brother her gift.

    When she was younger she hated her birthday and Cheryl had been appalled when the girl revealed this thought. From that day she asked everyone and vowed to find out her birthday, making the day as special as possible so she had a positive memory to correlate with it. Her birthday was always the day they had to pretend that nothing had happened, their family was perfectly fine. Even from a young age, Luna would notice the love her father held for the intoxication of alcohol, the hatred dancing in her mother's eyes that she would mask when she realised her daughter was looking at them. Screaming matches would magically stop for that one day and she'd sit anxiously all night waiting and waiting for it t occur again, it was inevitable.

      Now, she didn't have Cheryl to distract her from the day, she just had herself.

     Rummaging through her drawers, her hands stopped at a box and she furrowed her brows at the stickers peeling from the pink memory box. In the centre was a photo of two six year old girls, hugging tightly as tiaras sat loosely in their hairs. Wide grins were painted on their faces as they looked into the camera. Luna smiled as she ran her chipped nail along the cover, noticing all the scribbles that were almost unreadable. One scribble stood out to her, L + C = FOREVER, if only they had known what laid in their futures.

     Pulling open the box she found her old photo album buried beneath all the keepsakes she had coating it. Friendship bracelets she had made at camp were what she took out first, smiling at the memories that rushed back to her. When she picked up the next item she frowned, wondering where she had got such an item. It was in there because it meant something to her but she just couldn't remember from where. Placing it to the side, she went through the rest of the box, finding rings she had been given from her little sister, a half used cherry lip balm, birthday cards and an envelope that Jughead had given her one year for their birthday.

    In the envelope there were photographs of them when they were younger and a letter. It stated that he may not tell her this often but he loved her, she was possibly his best friend. Written in his perfect scribbles, he explained how much she meant to him and there were a few insults hidden but overall it brought a slightly teary chuckle from her as she reread it. When he gave her the envelope he had paired it with the dr martens she wore everywhere, he had saved up all his money to afford them. 

     Moving her eyes back to the item she placed aside, a set of earrings and a matching bracelet that were insanely expensive. Luna felt her eyes flash with recognition as she ran her finger along the diamonds. Memories attacked her and she found herself at the mall with Cheryl by her side, it was that day.