𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗶𝘅

☽༓☾

☽༓☾

     When Luna was younger she had a phobia of everyone leaving her. She believed that one day she would wake up and everyone would have left her because she was not good enough. It made her distance herself at certain points, scared she was overbearing, a factor that could impact someone's decision on leaving her. Some days she would wake up sweating with tear stained cheeks after a nightmare where she was forced to watch everyone she cared leave her without a second thought.

     However, when she had confided in Cheryl about her fears the girl ensured she never felt that way. Every second she made sure that the girl knew how much she valued their friendship, how she was irreplaceable. Just as Luna was starting to believe it, she left, left her with nothing but more and more questions that just seemed to rise by the day. With the absence of her midnight love those nightmares and fears came climbing back, like she was a child again.

     Luna thought she had never felt more terrified than she did when she imagined a world where she was alone. Yet, she believed that was going to be changed as she agreed to spend Breakfast with Jughead and Betty.

     And still, nothing could prepare her for this: the worlds most awkward breakfast at the Cooper household. Quite frankly, Luna had no idea why she was here, maybe Betty used her as a way to not reveal to her mother that she and Jughead were somewhat of an item, but she regretted accepting the invite. Silence surrounded them, in fact the only noise being the slight scraping of the plates against the cutlery, a noise which made Luna want to cry. 

     Eventually, Alice Cooper decided to break the silence, her cold and intimidating gaze whipping towards Luna. "Do you still dance?" She had asked, taking a sip of her coffee with an innocent smile while the girl panicked, feeling under pressure and slightly intimidated.

     "Um...no, not anymore." Luna answered politely, unsure what brought on the sudden questions. "I stopped when I was like fifteen," she looked at Jughead who nodded in confirmation, "I just lost the passion for it. Plus, all the parents made it feel like a chore rather than something fun for us to enjoy. They were into it more than us."

     "That is a real shame, you were so good. You could have made a career out of it." Alice replied, shrugging as she placed the mug onto the table. 

     "I never wanted to pursue it as a career, it just wasn't for me." Luna quipped, placing her fork onto the plate. "I don't want to be thirty and breaking my body over something that I lost passion for. It was just a bit of fun." 

      Alice hummed and Luna reached out for her glass of water, her breathing not slowing down, hopefully she wasn't visibly panicked. Silence once again surrounded the room and the Jones were just waiting for the elephant in the room to be addressed. It was a waiting game, watching Alice take small sips of her drink as she scrutinised the trio eating their breakfast, not wanting to be the victim of her snide comments.

     "So..." Alice dragged out his name as if it poison that had tainted her tongue, "I supposed we have you to thank for Betty's ongoing obsession with this Jason Blossom ghoulishness."

     Luna shared a confused look with Jughead from across the table, to which he reciprocated with an eye roll, which stated I'll tell you later. What she wanted to know was when had Betty's eyes moved from the redhead next door and onto her brother. Too caught up in whatever was playing on her mind she had missed any signs between them. She noted that she should quiz him about that later.

      "Actually," Betty cut in before he could answer, defending him quickly, "I was the one who asked Jughead to help me write it for the Blue and Gold."

     A cruel laugh that made shivers run down their spine left Alice's mouth, malicious and almost threatening. "Relax, Betty, I'm just making conversation." The woman took another sip of her coffee and Luna began to wonder why this mug never seemed to end.

     Luna always viewed Alice Cooper as the stereotypical villain mother in Disney movies, the one who ruins everything. Everything about her screamed power and authority. It was as if her presence alone could silence a crowd, cause them to shrivel back in fear. Ever since she was a child, Luna had been intimidated, always ensuring she used correct manners, saying thank you and goodbye. She'd repeat it in her head so many times that she was scared she may accidentally blurt it out too early but she wanted to be prepared.

     "Do you guys have a bathroom I could use?" Jughead asked and Luna shot him a pleading look across the table, he better not leave her alone.

     "Sure, I'll show you." Betty smiled and Luna groaned internally, she wanted the ground to swallow her.

    Before either could stand, Alice cut in and stopped their actions. "No, no, I'll show him, you entertain Luna." Alice smiled cruelly at her daughter, rising from her seat. "Follow me, Jughead."

     Once they had turned the corner, Betty was out of her seat and Luna remained where she was, slightly perplexed. Swiveling around to face the blonde, she noticed she had her phone out and she was rummaging through her mother's bag. Luna's eyes widened and she looked to where Alice and Jughead had just left, scared they would return any second and catch the girl in the act.

     "Bets, what on earth are you doing?" Luna hissed harshly as the girl waved her off. 

     "Going through my mother's bag," Betty shrugged nonchalantly and the girl pursed her lips, ready to run, "she knows where Polly is and I'm going to find out where." With that she continued to take photos of something in Alice's bag.

     "Polly?" Luna repeated, furrowing her brows. "I thought Polly had a breakdown and they sent her to get help."

     "Well, my parents are liars and I don't trust a word they say," Betty put everything back as it was, as if nothing happened, "I'll explain everything later."

     With that, Alice and Jughead returned, unsuspecting of the events that took place prior. Breakfast continued with the same awkwardness as before and when it finally came to an end, Luna all but bolted out of the door after thanking Alice for the breakfast. They headed to school with Luna glaring holes into her brother's head.

     "Fine," Jughead exclaimed, squinting at his sister as she let her lips upturn slightly knowing that she had managed to get to him, "I'll buy you Pops tonight."

     "Oh, aren't you just the best twin brother I could ask for." Luna cheered happily as Betty chuckled, unsure what had just happened.

☽༓☾

Words~1180.
{edited:no}