Chapter 3

Jon^

Leah

I woke up the next morning and stretched in this incredibly comfortable bed. I took an amazingly long shower the night before, but who could blame me? I hadn't experienced hot water in months. I was just about to roll out of bed when there was a soft knock on my door. I pad over and crack it open. A young blonde girl stood on the other side with a wide smile.

"Hi miss! The alpha asked me to bring you some more clothes. He is requesting you join us for breakfast. He will stop by to collect you in a half hour." She says brightly. I thank her quietly and take the clothes before jumping back in the shower, taking a quick one this time. Just as I finish dressing there is another knock on the door. Opening it this time reveals Alex.

"You ready, Leah?" He asks brightly and I nod, stepping out and closing the door behind me.

This is the first time I had been out of my room since arriving and I couldn't stop gawking. The mansion type thing looked like a ski lodge, very rustic but had modern touches at the same time. A lot of wood details and even smelled like trees.

"This is the packhouse, all unmated wolves live here. Houses are for those raising children." Alex explains and I nod.

"Do you live here?" I ask him and he nods.

"Yes, since my mate died, I don't have a Luna, so I have kind of taken on both jobs. It's easier being closer to the pack in that case." He says and I nod again in understanding.

"How will your pack react to me?" I ask nervously as I hear the buzzing of people talking in a large room at the end of the hall he was leading me down.

"I warned them you are here. They won't be bothered. I asked them to be kind to you." He says and I smile a little as we walk through the doorway. Everyone turns to look at us, but everyone continues eating and chatting.

Alex leads me through the buffet style line and piles about three times the amount of food on his plate than I do.

"You should eat more than that, little one." He says with a grin and I give him a playful glare.

"Not everyone can have an Alpha's appetite." I respond and he smiles while shaking his head. A few pack members stop talking and stare at him, and I wonder if I spoke out of turn.

"I'm sorry if that was disrespectful." I murmur to Alex as he leads me to a table. He looks at me curiously. "Those people were staring, I thought maybe I said something wrong." I say and he looks around at his pack members before chuckling.

"No, it's not that. They're just not used to seeing me smile." He says making me frown.

"Well, that's too bad. You're much more handsome when you smile." I say before I can stop myself. That makes him and those around us begin laughing. Pretty soon the rest of the pack joins in before their cheerful banter commences.

"You are a breath of fresh air, little one." Alex says affectionately and I feel my cheeks burn with a blush making him chuckle again.

We are almost done eating when I hear a high-pitched squeal from the entrance of the dining room.

"Alexander!" I look up and see a young woman with the same brown hair and blue eyes as Alex stomping towards us. "Alexander!" She yells again and I realize she's talking to him.

"Please tell me your last name is Hamilton." I murmur to him.

"No. It's Eastwick." He answers.

"Damn it." I say and he looks at me curiously as the little screaming pixie stops in front of him.