Epilogue

Alex

Four years later...

"Daddy!"

I hear my son call as he barrels into my office. His mom follows close behind, our daughter bouncing on her hip.

Matthew launches himself at me and I scoop our three year old son into my arms, hauling him into my chest and smelling his hair. I'll never get tired of the smell of his baby shampoo mixed with his natural scent. I nuzzle against him to deposit some of my scent and kiss his head and look over at Leah. Her bright smile is still enough to light up my world.

Hailey gets tired of being held and squirms out of Leah's arms, toddling over to me on her chunky little legs to join her big brother on my lap.

"Today at school! Dad! Today at school I learned how to math!" Matthew says excitedly, telling me some more things he learned in preschool and all about his new best friend. I swear he had a different one last week, but I can't keep track anymore. Leah watches us with a fond smile and I suddenly want her even closer to me. I peck both kids on the head and put them down. They run to the corner full of toys that I set up to entice them to spend more time with me and I beckon Leah closer.

She obliges and plops down on my lap where our children just were. I nuzzle my face into her neck, breathing in deep.

"Who is Matt's friend again?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Brody or Brady or something. I'm waiting a couple more weeks to memorize them to see if they stick." She says and I can't help but laugh.

"You look beautiful today." I say, tucking her hair behind her ear. She rolls her eyes a little, but smiles.

"You're too good to me." She says and I shake my head.

"Never. You're too good for me. I'm the lucky one." I say and plant my lips on hers to stop her from arguing.

"Gross, Daddy! That's how you get germs!" Matthew yells and Leah and I break apart in a fit of laughter.

"It's ok, bud. I want your mom's germs." I say, wagging my eyebrows seductively at Leah. She giggles and shakes her head before resting it on my shoulder.

"I know where else you can kiss." She murmurs in my ear and I let out a quiet groan, wanting nothing more than to bury myself in her, but with kids in the room she knows I very well can't.

"You're killing me here, baby." I whisper back and she gives me a knowing grin.

"I figured if the fact that you've barely seen your kids today didn't get you to leave with us, I may have to bring out the big guns to persuade you." She says and I look down at the clock.

"Damnit. I'm so sorry, little one. I didn't realize how late it is." I say apologetically. Leah just nods and stands. I grip her hand and pull her back to me, wrapping her in a firm embrace and kissing the sensitive spot behind her ear.

"I really am sorry. How about I take tomorrow off? We can take the kids to the pack daycare for a few hours and spend some time just the two of us." I whisper and she smiles.

"I'd like that." She says, pushing off of me and standing. I pull her against me and tip my forehead against her belly, relishing her closeness. We sit quietly for a moment and I hear something surprising.

I push my ear against her stomach and listen again. I inhale a sharp breath and look up at her, surprise on my face.

"You're pregnant." I say and she nods with a teary smile. I press my ear against her again to listen to the precious heartbeat of our littlest pup.

"I know." She says and I stand, scooping her in my arms and twirling her in a cirlce.

"How long have you known?" I ask and she shrugs.

"A few hours. I wondered how long it would take you to notice this time." She says with a wide grin. I chuckle and kiss her firmly.

"It only took so long with Matt because I didn't know what I was looking for." I say defensively and her beatiful laugh filters through the room.

"Really though. A week was a bit excessive." She teases, humor in her tone.

"I love you, Leah." I say, adoration dripping from every word. She lifts her little hands up to rest on my cheeks and gives me the sweetest smile. I swear I fall in love with her all over again.

"I love you too, Alex. And I'll love you forever."

A/N: Thank you so much for reading my story! I hope you enjoyed it! If you did, please consider following me or checking out my profile, I have other completed books as well!