Chapter 5

Leah

After a terrifying trip to the mall that had Penny running around like a wild tornado, I now had an extensive wardrobe.

Only half of which I intended to wear.

I have no idea why she bothered with all of that lace. I had to sneak comfy cotton underwear into my basket. It was a travesty.

Then she told me the fantastic news that I was allowed to pick out a new computer for Alex. I was giddy at the prospect and picked out the perfect equipment for him. I then ran straight to his office to set it up for him. I thought he would leave me alone to get it arranged, but instead stood over me watching me like a hawk and fiddling with things. It was annoying as hell.

“Alex. I mean this with all of the respect that you are due as Alpha. Stop. Touching. Shit.” I say irritably through clenched teeth as he accidentally tangles some of the wires.

Jon chuckles from the corner as Alex sends him a glare before carefully putting down the wires and stepping away from the desk, sitting in one of the armchairs. He watches me with an intense interest that makes my heart speed up and hands shake a little. I’ve never been scrutinized so closely, and I wonder if he thinks I will mess this up. I click in the last wire and boot up the computer and allow my eyes to meet his piercing blues. I could stare at them all day.

“Ok. Now you may come look at it.” I say and Alex is next to me in the next moment. I look up at him in disbelief and he chuckles at my surprised expression.

“Werewolf speed. Cool huh?” He says haughtily and I shrug.

“I’ve seen faster.” I say with a straight face and Jon erupts in laughter as he rounds the desk to check out the new equipment. Alex scowls at me and grunts before turning his attention to the new computer. They both ooh and aah over the new tech, pushing buttons and gliding the mouse around like it’s Christmas morning.

“I downloaded all of your files. They’re right here.” I say clicking on the right folders and showing Alex where all of the icons are as well as what they do. He gives me a warm smile and pats my shoulder.

“Thank you for this, Leah. It’s amazing.” He says, his eyes wide with wonder as he sits in his chair and continues to peck around the keyboard. I giggle at him and he narrows his eyes at me.

“Maybe you should take a keyboarding class. It’s painful to watch you poking the keys one at a time like that.” I say cheekily and Alex gives me a playful growl.

“Watch yourself, little one. I manage just fine.” He responds smugly and I just shake my head at him, amused.

“Do I get a new computer too? Mine runs really slow.” Jon says and I shrug.

“I’ll look at it. I might be able to speed it up for you.” I offer and he nods before gripping my hand and leading me out of the room. His fingers entwine with mine and I’m amazed at how much hotter his skin is than mine.

“Come on, it’s out here.” He says pulling me towards the door. His hand clenches a little and is too tight in mine and I squeak at the pain. He drops my hand instantly and Alex growls at him, annoyed.

“Be careful, Jon!” Alex bellows and it’s the first time I’ve seen him actually mad, his arms crossed in front of his chest, brows furrowed in frustration. I’d like to never see it again. Jon gives me a sheepish smile and rubs the back of his neck.

“I’m sorry. I forget that you’re a little fragile sometimes.” He says earnestly and I nod before wrapping my arms around his waist.

“It’s ok. I forgive you.” I say squeezing him gently. He wraps his arms around me carefully, awkwardly patting my back and I chuckle at his over cautious movements. I pull away and give him another smile before looking over at Alex who is watching us curiously.