29: Giggles

Elyse POV

-2 months later-

"Goodnight, Annie." I say. I walk out of the diner after clocking out and saying goodbye to some coworkers.

I'd been working 2 jobs for a while now. Even though sin insisted I don't work, I wanted to. It distracted me and I had to save up for college. I couldn't just let him pay for me.

Meanwhile, sin has been drawing up a business plan. Even though, he hasn't even gone to college yet, he's had this business idea for years now.

"Hey, angel." I hear sin's voice as he pulls up, in front of me. He's been picking me up and dropping me to work.

He walks out the car, looking as handsome as ever. At the sight of him, all my anxiety, and overthinking wash away.

He pulls me in by my waist, pressing his lips against mine. He kisses me eagerly, hungrily moving his lips against mine.

"Wow. Someone missed me." I say once I pull back. He smiles as he hugs me to him, picking me up, letting my legs wrap around him. He shoves his face in the crook of my neck, breathing in my scent.

"Yes I did. God, I missed you so damn much." If only he knew how much I missed him. I held on to him tighter, leaving a trail of kisses on his shoulder.

"I missed you too my love." I say, my voice threatening to break.

God why am I so emotional?

Why can't I just get over it?

"How are you feeling?" He asks. Of course, he can read me so well.

"I'm okay." I quickly respond. He will probably start getting annoyed at how sad I am all the time. He doesn't want to be with someone so broken. He wants to be with someone that's happy.

He pulls back, making me look at him in the eye. His beautiful grey eyes stare into mine. Looking for the truth.

Don't break. Don't break. Don't break.

"You know, you don't have to pretend to be fine. Not with me." He says. I let go of my grip around his torso, asking to be put down. He puts me down, but still keeps his hand on my waist. He brings his other hand up, cupping my face.

"I'm in love with you, Elyse. All of you. I love the good. I love the bad. I love the crazy. The sad. The anxious. The excited. And every other thing in between. I love it all."

Fuck. How does he manage to do this to my heart? Make it go crazy. How does he manage to make all my worries wash away?

"I know. I'm not okay. I'm not. But I will be. I'll be okay, my love." I say, a smile forming on my face.

He gives me a small smile before saying "Okay. Come on. I'm taking you out to eat." He says as he grabs my hand, kissing the back and leading me to the car.

--

"Take a bite. Come on take a bite." I say, gesturing my burger towards him. He shakes his head, saying he's too full.

"Come on. For me. Do it for me." I say with a pout, while pressing the burger to his lips.

It just tastes so good, I want him to experience it too.

He groans in defeat as he opens his mouth taking a bite. A smirk forms on my face.

"It's good isn't it?" I say, running my hand through his hair.

He smiles as he chews and nods his head.

So adorable.

"Hello beautiful. Can I get your number?" I hear someone's voice say.