CHAPTER 8: SECRETS

HAZEL MARTINEZ

In the afternoon after lunch Rafael and I laid on the bed, he was staring at the ceiling with his one hand resting on his temple while I closed my eyes trying to sleep.

"So what did you buy today?" Rafael asked.

A little surprised by his sudden change in behaviour, I opened my eyes and turned to him "You want to know?"

"Yeah tell me."

I smiled "So I bought a lot of dresses. Like many I lost the count. Then I ate burgers and chicken pops. I had to buy makeup sets too but before that the mess occurred." I replied pouting.

He smiled looking at me "So you wanna go out in the evening?"

I gave him a suspicious look.

Looking up blankly again he continued "You said you couldn't complete your shopping so how about we get that completed?"

I got up on my elbows looking at him straight "What is the reason of your sudden mood change?"

"If you want, we can go or just leave it. I can do my work."

My eyes widened "No. No. No. Please I want to go."

"Cool be ready then. Now let me rest a bit." Saying that he closed his eyes.

Oh Sweet Jesus! Thank you. This is too much you are doing for me.

Closing my eyes I tried to sleep but ha! After he told me that we are going out can I really sleep peacefully? The answer is no. I remained thinking about the things I am going to buy.

In the evening finally I was out with him. He took me to some luxurious shop to get my beauty products. I chose everything I needed even extra but something he did for me that was really strange.

When I was about to pay he stopped me and paid for all of those costly products. I stared at him blankly but he just ignored me and pulled me out of the shop.

I mean it's nice that he is paying not that I mind but my ego won't accept that.

While he was driving I said "You didn't have to do that."

"What?"

"The paying thing. You didn't have to pay for me I can pay for myself."

He smiled "There are few things I need to talk to you about."

"Like what?"

"I very much appreciate you paying for yourself and I really don't want to interrupt that but when you are with me, I'll be the one paying."

"Rafael I know you are a billionaire but I think I am pretty much capable of taking care of my own needs."

"I really appreciate that Hazel but I think sometimes you can give me the chance of taking care of my wife."

I paused at that.

My wife?

Oh Sweet Jesus! Earlier it was always me calling him my husband and today for a change he just called me his wife.

"So does this mean you are giving our marriage a chance?"

"What?" He asked in return.

"I mean you just said 'my wife', should I take it as a ray of hope?"

He rolled his eyes.

Ah! Embarrassment hits me hard.

He stopped the car in front of a nice restaurant. Well luxurious again. I remained seated not moving from my seat.